Wake Committee Meeting 2/09/05

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ylime

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything back since the committee meeting last week??

Members don't see this ad.

i called on friday, and the lady in the office told me that those decisions wouldn't even be "entered" (whatever that means) for another week and that we probably wouldn't get letters for another week after that. i'm hoping that's just a safety statement, that it will be two weeks at the very longest. i'm still checking the mail box every day...

You guys should call them today. They should have it entered by now. They will tell you decision over the phone (if you prefer).

Members don't see this ad :)
premedgeek said:
You guys should call them today. They should have it entered by now. They will tell you decision over the phone (if you prefer).

Still not in the computer. I called today. Next week it will be entered.

sweettpea23 said:
Still not in the computer. I called today. Next week it will be entered.

They sure take their time. Oh well, I guess they know all we can do is wait.

Bump... Any news yet, anyone??

Ylime said:
Bump... Any news yet, anyone??

Ylime, since you're so interested in Wake...Will you choose wake over UTH??

yeah, i just called and got my decision..

frikkin' waitlisted...that ish sucks, think i should write them a letter?
and is the wait list ranked?
i've heard it pretty mobile, any word?

you can def get your decisions now, the snails are going out tommorrow morning.

CharlieVN said:
Ylime, since you're so interested in Wake...Will you choose wake over UTH??

Not sure yet. Depends on the financial aid pkg since Wake is over 3 times more than UTH.

Emily

shawty ya'head said:
yeah, i just called and got my decision..

frikkin' waitlisted...that ish sucks, think i should write them a letter?
and is the wait list ranked?
i've heard it pretty mobile, any word?

you can def get your decisions now, the snails are going out tommorrow morning.

if it's your first choice school and you'd definitely go if accepted, i'd write and tell them. best of luck!

Well I called yesterday... Waitlisted.

Anyone know if they reviewed any of the people currently on the waitlist???

So, I was just reading the interview reviews for Wake, and the 2/11 dated poster had stated that when she arrived for the interview, they told him/her that enough acceptances to fill the spots had already been sent out and that she would be placed on the waiting list if they liked him/her. My interview is tomorrow, so I was wondering if any of you who had interviewed in the past couple of weeks had been told the same thing??? If so....thats a real bummer being its my first choice!!!! :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
ftbstep said:
So, I was just reading the interview reviews for Wake, and the 2/11 dated poster had stated that when she arrived for the interview, they told him/her that enough acceptances to fill the spots had already been sent out and that she would be placed on the waiting list if they liked him/her. My interview is tomorrow, so I was wondering if any of you who had interviewed in the past couple of weeks had been told the same thing??? If so....thats a real bummer being its my first choice!!!! :mad:

In the waitlist letter, they stated that they accept 50% of the class off the waitlist. So, all is not lost. :)

Ive been accepted and Im now waiting to hear about financial aid. I LOVED Wake. It is by far my first choice, but it is just so expensive. Ive been offered a big scholarship somewhere else, and it will be hard to turn down if wake doesnt come through for me. Does any one know if Wake is good about grants and scholarships. It looks like there are no full scholarships for out of state students, which is discouraging. When are they sending out their decsions on financial aid?

Wake had their latest adcom meeting on 2/23/05. Can someone give them a call to see if there has been any movement on the waitlist? I've already called them twice over the past couple of weeks and don't want to seem annoying. By the way, their last day for interviews is next Friday (03/04/05) so when you talk to them, can you also find out when their next adcom meeting will be? Does anyone know if they rank the waitlist?

I interviewed the 18th of Feb. and was told that our adcom meeting, which is the last, will be held on the 9th of March. Mrs. Tice also said 10-12 available spots were still open for acceptance. However, they did not tell us anything about the waitlist.

Code Brown said:
Wake had their latest adcom meeting on 2/23/05. Can someone give them a call to see if there has been any movement on the waitlist? I've already called them twice over the past couple of weeks and don't want to seem annoying. By the way, their last day for interviews is next Friday (03/04/05) so when you talk to them, can you also find out when their next adcom meeting will be? Does anyone know if they rank the waitlist?

I called the school and they said that waitlist movement starts after they finish interviews. So expect it to move around mid march. Also their waitlist is not ranked. All the applicants on the waitlist are reviewed everytime the committee meets. Good Luck !! :luck:

ftbstep and DoctorMalki,

Thanks for calling in and checking up for everyone! :) Good luck as well ! :luck:

Anyone know if the waitlist is moving at all yet? My boyfriend and I are both on it right now and it's probably our last chance of attending the same med school. I guess like everyone else here I'm hoping for lots of movement! I need to know how soon to start checking my mail neurotically again! Any news?

BravaItaliana said:
Anyone know if the waitlist is moving at all yet? My boyfriend and I are both on it right now and it's probably our last chance of attending the same med school. I guess like everyone else here I'm hoping for lots of movement! I need to know how soon to start checking my mail neurotically again! Any news?

Said they would begin moving alternate list on March 4th

BravaItaliana said:

That's kinda sweet...romantic even. Good luck to the both of you and everyone else. I'm so happy their interview season is over.

I can't wait to stop waiting. I said I would call once a week starting next week. I must say Wake really knows how to treat their applicants. In spite of the waitlist, the whole process was rather pleasant.

I interviewed at Wake today... Ms. Tise did tell us that they still had 10-12 spots open, but one of the student tour guides told us that the class was already full. I interviewed with someone at Rochester yesterday who told me the same thing and she had interviewed a couple weeks ago.

As for financial aid, there are no merit-based scholarships for out-of-staters (someone asked in an earlier post). The financial aid lady did seem to know her stuff so I wouldn't be too worried if you want to go there and you are stressing about $$$.

Does anybody know if they're still sending out interviews there? I sent an e-mail with an unrelated question to the admissions office this week and they told me that I'd be hearing an update about my status "soon." I can only hope that that doesn't imply a rejection sent in the mail.

scatteredmd said:
Does anybody know if they're still sending out interviews there? I sent an e-mail with an unrelated question to the admissions office this week and they told me that I'd be hearing an update about my status "soon." I can only hope that that doesn't imply a rejection sent in the mail.

Their last interview day is this Friday, so I would say that unless you live in NC and they have a last minute cancellation, your chances of getting an interview at this point are slim :(

Does anyone know if their waitlist is ranked? Also, anyone that has been accepted, how did they contact you to let you know you've been accepted?

Code Brown said:
Does anyone know if their waitlist is ranked? Also, anyone that has been accepted, how did they contact you to let you know you've been accepted?

I interviewed on 12.6, and I got my acceptance via snail mail dated 12.20.04.

Has anyone harrassed the Wake admissions office recently? Anything new?

Code Brown said:

Their waitlist is not ranked and they notify you via snail mail. Good luck ! :luck:

I called yesterday and Wednesday, March 9th is the last committee meeting. The admissions woman said there are still spots open in the class until the last committee meeting. After that, Dean Nelson pulls people off the offical waitlist as opening become available. Wake is also my first choice and I'm on the alternate list. We'll see...

Tomorrow is the big day. Good luck everyone ! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I was told at my interview that we should give 'em a few days after today before we call.
Anyone else hear this?

inthe4cast said:
I was told at my interview that we should give 'em a few days after today before we call.
Anyone else hear this?

I called their office today to ask when we could expect decisions from the meeting to be available by phone, and they told me they should have everything processed by late monday. So, I'm going to call then, unless one of you other peeps feels like calling tomorrow or friday and letting me know what they say :laugh:

I'm signing up for the Friday phone call :D

I am curious as to what sold you on Wake Forest? Any specific reasons why you guys absolutely want to go to med school there?

I have family in North Carolina -
and its a relatively quiet small town-
bigger cities are not my flavor.

I was impressed by the curriculum (community experience, small groups) and everyone I met there. It seems like a really supportive environment. They made the application experience pleasant. They were open and willing to answer questions. When other admissions offices were vague and seemed annoyed...WF always remained polite/understanding. Winston-Salem seems like a wonderful place to be for med school. Kudos to the admissions staff! Did I just say kudos? It's funny...the things you would type and never say.

I called Wake today and was told that the information from the 3-9-05 meeting will be put into the system by Wednesday (the 16th) but that we should not expect any real movement on the waitlist until people start dropping out near the end of the month as they get their acceptances from the non-rolling schools.

Anyone have any recent news/info. to report from the admissions office? None here.

I heard the next ten callers win a chance at $10,000!
:D Call 'em up!