Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Wake forest alternate list-what's the deal?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chintu, Mar 20, 2004.

1. chintu

chintu Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As many others I've been placed on alternate list at wake forest post-interview. From my knowledge ,even the applicants with super-high stats are waitlisted at wake. I don't get it...are they just waiting for these applicants to withdraw if they are already in better school? Why would they wanna lost their best applicants w/o giving them an acceptance and see if they actually choose wake? Any thoughts on how wake works?

2. Canrenone

Canrenone Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

From what I understand and what I have been told, is that Wake Forest wants you to really want them. They are the private Medical School in the smallest community. Since there isn't much social life in WF they don't want people who hate being there. One has to show them repeatedly that they are your number one spot.

There is nothing like jumping through hurdles.

In fairness to Wake. There method seems to work all the students really like it there and they become good spokespeople for the university.

3. CalBeE

7+ Year Member

Call the admission office to express your interest, and send in letters to show your interest as well.

4. dcesnc

dcesnc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah, just let them know you're interested. I was waitlisted 2 weeks ago, wrote them a letter, and i just got accepted today. So if you want to go there, make sure you let them know.

5. Canrenone

Canrenone Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

dcesnc,

Where are you planning on going? I am confused.

6. pjm

pjm Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was waitlisted at Wake on 12/29, and just a few days ago (3/22) I was accepted.

I sent no LOIs, and had no contact with the school at all since then.

It could be that the list is just now starting to move; I would call the admissions office ((336) 716-4264) to find out for certain.

7. dcesnc

dcesnc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, sorry for the confusion. Belive me, it's killing me right now. When I first posted, i had only gotten into tulane, so i figured that's where I was going. I didn't think i'd hear about waitlists until june, so i just gave up. In the last week i got into pritzker and wake, which i really liked. So now i'm confused. Granted, i'm not complaining, but still, i hate being the guy that is holding spots right now. hope that helps.

8. Canrenone

Canrenone Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

That helps out great thanks. I know the boat you are in. I am holding now three acceptances with a good possibility of adding two more very soon. However, the only acceptance I want is from Wake Forest as they are my top choice. I figured I wouldn't hear from them until May but I am hoping now to the contrary. Best of luck, it is a great situation to be in. But I do feel guilty too for holding the acceptances. I should give up the Drexel one within the next week.

9. sonicgirl

sonicgirl New Member
    7+ Year Member

I just wanted everyone to know I talked to the admissions dept yesterday, and they still have not filled their class. So hopefully they will be pulling more people from the alternate list soon!