Wake Forest Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently ran into someone who could give me a great rec to Wake Forest...I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about Wake Forest, the pros/cons, etc? Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

I seem to remember them not accepting community college work in fulfilling pre-reqs. That's why I didn't apply. It could have changed though.

I had a year of community college (took 1 intro bio class there), and I got a secondary from WFU. They'd better not reject me based on that, or I'll be pissed I got a secondary. Overall, I have heard good things about wake. I have visited there a few times, and have some friends that go there. Everyone seems to like it, and the facilities are sweet, state-of-the-art kind of stuff. One comment, it does seem to be filled with lots of rich southern frat people. I don't know if this is how all private med schools are (except for the southern thing), but that's what I noticed.

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, is their secondary out yet? I have not heard anything from them at all - but then again, I haven't even tried to call them. I guess I should.

Originally posted by lilninja:
•By the way, is their secondary out yet? I have not heard anything from them at all - but then again, I haven't even tried to call them. I guess I should.•

They're waiting for verified AMCAS apps to screen with. :rolleyes:

Thanks SMW.
So do any verified applicants have the secondary yet?

i got their secondary like three weeks ago. It's online. They'll send you an email invite. They are screening, though, so not everyone gets a secondary.