Wake Forest Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canrenone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard i.e. called, emailed, been called or emailed, the Wake Forest Admissions office to find out their post interview status after their february 4th meeting?

Also, anyone know how full their class is?

Members don't see this ad.

I called and they told me we should know sometime this week or next week at latest. I think most people are waitlisted off the bat anyways at Wake so I'm preparing myself for more waiting.

I had my interview today. They said they're going to meet feb. 18 and we should hear a week or two after their meeting. that's pretty impressive. Anyone know how the decision is made; i mean does the committee meet along with the interviewers and go over the entire application or is it that the final decision is based on just the interviewers feedbacks of the applicant?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not positive but I believe right after the interview day the 3 interviewers get together and put together some sort of evaluation. This evaluation is sent to the committee and decision is made. I remember being told something to this effect on interview day. Good luck.

You're right. The interviewers meet together at the end of the interview day, write an evaluation and rank the applicants. This recommendation then goes to the committee.

Originally posted by SurgeryRA
I called and they told me we should know sometime this week or next week at latest. I think most people are waitlisted off the bat anyways at Wake so I'm preparing myself for more waiting.

When you find out what your status is, please let me know so that I can call too!

Tx!

Hey Canrenone,
I don't know about you but I've been frantically checking my mailbox everyday this week. So far nothing from Wake. Any news for you?

For anyone accepted to Wake, does good news come in a big envelope or a regular one? Waiting sucks a$$.

I know this thread is for post-Wake interview questions, but I was just wondering, do any of you know when Wake stops interviewing?

The reason I ask is because I just called today and they said I was in the top interview pool, but they're done scheduling interviews though March 5 (though I'm not sure this was the last date this application year. I know I'm grasping at straws)

Anyway, they said they would contact me if there were any cancellations......sounds promising.......

I saw on another thread that the acceptance letters come in normal business envelopes.

I didn't know they ranked the interviewees they day of the interview relative to each other. Maybe I should have psyched out my competition more... :laugh:

The acceptance letter comes in a normal sized envelope. I also received an email from them prior to receiving the actual letter. This may be attributable to the fact that I was accepted during the holiday season and they wanted to make sure I would be able to respond to their offer in time.

Originally posted by SurgeryRA
Hey Canrenone,
I don't know about you but I've been frantically checking my mailbox everyday this week. So far nothing from Wake. Any news for you?

For anyone accepted to Wake, does good news come in a big envelope or a regular one? Waiting sucks a$$.

Nothing from WF for me yet. I am trying to determine when to call.
So if someone else has heard, I know it is safe to call.

I think waiting sucks, as soon as I know where I am going I can move and quit paying $1800 in rent a month.

I just wanted to stay good luck to everyone and don't be afraid of calling. I waited forever it seemed like before I finally decided to call and they were really nice and answered my questions patiently (and then I got the acceptance letter later that day in the mail)...oh well!

For those of you accepted, were you accepted right away or pulled off the waitlist. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was accepted in the first round of acceptances after my interview but I wouldn't get discouraged if you are put on the waiting list. Wake seems to put a lot of people on it. The best advice I can give is to show a lot of interest to the school. They want to accept the people they think want to go there. I would definitely recommend update letters to reaffirm your interest in the school. Good luck!!!

I was also accepted during the first round of acceptances. And, as oft repeated, I've heard that they pull an awful lot of folks from the waiting list. If you look up last year's Wake Forest thread, you'll see that most of the folks there were on the waitlist at this time last year and a lot got in! Inspirational stories always help!!

I was waitlisted at Wake after my interview and then accepted about a month and a half later. I never showed interest after being waitlisted, so I don't think that sending letters of interest and stuff is absolutely necessary.

well I just received the letter that said I got waitlisted. They said you must send them a letter to stay active.

The waiting game continues.

I caved in and called at 4 pm their time... Waitlist.

I was really hoping the wait wouldn't drag on. I'm hoping for some serious movement on the waitlist this year!

I :love: WFU

Hey guys, I also called them this afternoon....drum roll please....also the damn WAITLIST. Oh well I guess the saga continues until who knows when. The actual letter that will damn me into the purgatory of med school admissions must be on its way. Does anyone know how much of the class is taken off the waitlist?

Will they tell you how deep you are in hell, er... I mean the waitlist? I vaguely remember hearing that they will break it down into which third of the waitlist pool you sit.

I was too bummed to ask about all that stuff over the phone today, but it would probably put me at ease knowing my odds of getting rescued from the depths...

I really have no idea. I didn't think they ranked the people on the waitlist but I'm really not too sure. After all this waiting for a decision...they made a decision to have me wait for another decision.

SoonerMed - did you get a hard copy of the waitlist letter yet? If so what does it specifically say?

actually the waitlist letter says that 30-50% of their matriculants come off the wait or alternate list and that they do not rank the list and no other information can be given about the waitlist. Howver, a letter must be sent to stay on the waitlist.

I haven't received anything by mail yet. I'm not even sure if they are going to send it to my permanent address or my school address.

At least now I know what will be in it when it gets here. This way I won't just sit there and stare at the envelope until I build up the courage to open it.

I think at the end of the admissions process I need to allow for some sort of cathartic experience. There's gotta be some tension building up somewhere inside of me. It's like being six years old and your parents keep delaying Christmas a few weeks at a time.

"Now Timmy, we haven't decided completely if you have been naughty or nice, so we have to push back Christmas until mid-February now."

February rolls around...

"Actually, we now know you aren't naughty, but we are still deciding just how nice you really have been. Christmas won't come until at least March now."

+pissed+

Does anyone know how often their committee meets? How many people do they pull of the waitlist each time?