confused48

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status
Non-Student
Posted in the secondaries thread but it got buried......

Along with Wake's secondary is a form that each of the evaluators is to fill out. My school has them fill out a general med school eval sheet in addition to their letter already--and that is sent through VE. Are you guys going back to each of your evaluators to get these forms (I think Vandy does something similar) or just submitting what you have and seeing if Wake says something? Some evaluators are going to be tough to get ahold of for soem applicatnts, I would imagine. Not sure why schools do this :thumbdown:

LauraPaz

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
St. Louis
laurapaz.livejournal.com
Status
Medical Student
confused48 said:
Posted in the secondaries thread but it got buried......

Along with Wake's secondary is a form that each of the evaluators is to fill out. My school has them fill out a general med school eval sheet in addition to their letter already--and that is sent through VE. Are you guys going back to each of your evaluators to get these forms (I think Vandy does something similar) or just submitting what you have and seeing if Wake says something? Some evaluators are going to be tough to get ahold of for soem applicatnts, I would imagine. Not sure why schools do this :thumbdown:
One of my recommenders left his position at my school and went to Pennsylvania before I heard back from Wake. I filled out my info on their form, along with my recommender's name, and mailed it in with a brief explanation about him leaving. I gave them my contact info if they weren't satisified and had questions, but I never heard anything about it, so I guess it was ok.

AggieJohn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.aggiepremed.org
Status
Medical Student
What about the "Personal Comments" at the bottom? It says "(Complete if you have additional comments or something specific to say to the school):"

I don't really have anything to say. Should I come up with something? :)

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
TX
Status
Attending Physician
AggieJohn said:
What about the "Personal Comments" at the bottom? It says "(Complete if you have additional comments or something specific to say to the school):"

I don't really have anything to say. Should I come up with something? :)
I played around with the idea of writing a mini "why wake" essay. What do you guys think?

Pemberley

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2005
Texas
Status
Medical Student
Anastasis said:
I played around with the idea of writing a mini "why wake" essay. What do you guys think?
They're still reviewing my primary app... could somebody put the Wake secondary questions in the secondary question post?

But yeah, all else being equal, that's what I'd try to do... not so much phrased as a what-do-I-like about Wake as a what-makes-me-a-perfect-fit.

AggieJohn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
www.aggiepremed.org
Status
Medical Student
Pemberley said:
They're still reviewing my primary app... could somebody put the Wake secondary questions in the secondary question post?

But yeah, all else being equal, that's what I'd try to do... not so much phrased as a what-do-I-like about Wake as a what-makes-me-a-perfect-fit.
In which service activity that you listed on the AMCAS application do you feel made the most impact on someone else?

Which service activity had the most impact on you?

Personal Comments (Complete if you have additional comments or something specific to say to the school):

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
TX
Status
Attending Physician
how long are you guys going to make your wake essays?

2010WFUdoc

10+ Year Member
May 12, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I wrote 2-3 sentences in that space explaining why Wake was my first choice of schools.
Good luck :)

Anastasis said: