Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wake Forest Secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DoctorB, Jul 26, 2006.

1. DoctorB

DoctorB Member

Pre-Medical
    It states that it wants a science and non-science lor. Do they infer that this non-science lor will be froma faculty member at your school or can it be anyone? In addition, do we need to fill out this application in one sitting or can we save it and come back to it?
    Thank you in adbvance for your help!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. burntfries

burntfries Senior Member

Pre-Medical
    best way to find out is to e-mail them. i'm finding that some schools are OK with something else like a clinical experience, but others will want you to explain why you don't have a non-science.

4. BirdmanRA

BirdmanRA Fly in any weather!

Medical Student
    I don't have the luxury of a secondary from Wake. Looks like you're gonna have to figure this one out without me. Good luck to you though.

5. burntfries

burntfries Senior Member

Pre-Medical
    bump. did anyone ever find out? because i just got a secondary from wake forest and need to know about the non-science LOR too.

6. NCF145

NCF145 Not Politically Correct

Resident [Any Field]
    What if I am using a pre-med committee? I submitted recs to them, but none of them were non-science.

7. g3pro

g3pro Dr. Mogley

Well, you're screwed. You're supposed to have at least one non-science letter of recommendation in your letter packet.

8. DrHusky

DrHusky Member

Pre-Medical
    What are you all doing about that open ended 'personal comments' section. This is the third app I have this question on (that is open ended, no word limit) and I don't know what to do. I don't have extenuating academic circummstances and I don't have much to really explain.

Any ideas?

9. g3pro

g3pro Dr. Mogley

Leave it blank?

10. DrHusky

DrHusky Member

Pre-Medical
    ...my first instinct for sure, but on other apps this is the only section I have to write at all. And since my PS with AMCAS was well....very premedish, I feel like I could possibly use this section to elaborate on why I am choosing the particular schools as it fits my intended career goals.

again, I still DO want to leave this blank (what I want to write will probably just piss off whoever has to read it as they will be expecting something else...whatever it is they are REALLY looking for here).

11. burntfries

burntfries Senior Member

Pre-Medical
    so i emailed wake forest, and they say they will take my clinical letter or employer letter in place of non science.

and i get away with yet another school. yesss!