wake forest secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hokiedoc, Aug 17, 2002.

1. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member

I just got a letter from Wake Forest saying they regret to inform me but they can not send a secondary. I have good stats, 3.8QCA, 28P Mcat, lots of volunteer health experience and other extracurriculars. I am an out of state resident. I was just wondering if others similar were rejected. Do medical schools make mistakes or was I just too hopeful?:confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kaos

kaos Web Crawler

Resident [Any Field]
    WHAT????

That's exactly what happened to me with U Pitt. They rejected me even though they sent secondaries to people with lower GPAs and MCAT scores.

I got a secondary from Wake Forest. My stats are 3.53 GPA and 28 R MCAT. I don't know what their problem is in not sending you a secondary.

:(

4. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member

That does not make any kind of sense. I have a 3.6 and 28Q and I got a secondary. I suggest you call them up or ask them in writing why you got rejected. They owe you some kind of explanation. :(

5. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member

i have a 3.8 and 28 and i also got a rejection from wake forest, but i did get u pitt

6. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member

I appreciate hearing from all of you. It seems that alot of us are having the same fustrations with the application process! I think I will contact Wake Forest and find out why they rejected me. Good luck to all of you!

7. kaos

kaos Web Crawler

Resident [Any Field]
    Maybe they want people with lower stats, while U Pitt wants higher...

:(

8. Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea Girl Next Door
    Physician

Attending Physician
    I got the WF secondary... and my stats are 3.1 (STRONG upward trend) and 32R. but I'm also in-state, so maybe that's it...

Dude... I'm so sorry you didn't get the secondary... I don't understand why you didn't get it. Let us know what happened with the admissions office. :(

9. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member

I'll let you know when I talk to them on Monday! Hopefully the VA schools like me better.;)

10. Joe Joe on da Radio

Resident [Any Field]
    sorry to hear about the bad news, but i hope you do realize that you can't expect every school to like you as an applicant. yes you're stats are solid, however, different schools will emphasize different qualities about an applicant. For example, washu loves high stats, tulane and case western love older non-traditional applicants who've done a lot outside of science and medicine, stanford, duke, ucsd love researchers, etc. it's not all about a numbers game and who *deserves* further consideration. schools recruit based on their ideal of students that fit their mission. keep that in mind in this admissions game.

11. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member

did you hear from them by snail mail or by email...just wondering because I haven't heard from them yet.

12. Tweetie_bird

well, I'm bummed. Although my stats are not as high as any of yours, I got flat our rejected. I feel . . . .inadequate.

This is really ego-shattering. My first rejection. I have a feeling I'm gonna frame this one and make sure it doesn't happen to me again. But first I have to get over my depression.

13. hokiedoc

hokiedoc Member

I heard by snail mail. I am with you tweetie, it is my first rejection too and it is depressing. cheer up though!