Wake Forest vs Boston University vs Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcatsb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm debating between WFU, BU, and Tufts and just wanted to get some thoughts on how others on SDN rank them.

Here's what I have so far:

Wake Forest:
#19 - USNews Primary Care
#42 - USNews Research
#51 - College News Smart Rank
Location: I went to Wake Forest undergrad and liked Winston-Salem and enjoy the southeast.
Tuition: $41,385

Boston University:
#31 - USNews Primary Care
#31 - USNews Research
#40 - College News Smart Rank
Location: Boston is a great city - love visiting and think I'd enjoy living there.
Tuition: $49,560

Tufts University:
#38 - USNews Primary Care
#44 - USNews Research
#43 - College News Smart Rank
Location: Boston is a great city - love visiting and think I'd enjoy living there.
Tuition: $53,902

Members don't see this ad.

I'm debating between WFU, BU, and Tufts and just wanted to get some thoughts on how others on SDN rank them.

Here's what I have so far:

Wake Forest:
#19 - USNews Primary Care
#42 - USNews Research
#51 - College News Smart Rank
Location: I went to Wake Forest undergrad and liked Winston-Salem and enjoy the southeast.
Tuition: $41,385

Boston University:
#31 - USNews Primary Care
#31 - USNews Research
#40 - College News Smart Rank
Tuition: $49,560

Tufts University:
#38 - USNews Primary Care
#44 - USNews Research
#43 - College News Smart Rank
Tuition: $53,902

This is kind of pointless since you haven't even been accepted to BU yet.

They all sound like solid mid-tier schools, and I don't think you would be at a significant advantage choosing one over the other. I would choose based on where you are targeting for future residency placement (IE southeast vs northeast)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Ruhroh!
Is it true that you are more likely to get residency placement close to wherever you go to medschool?

Thanks Ruhroh!
Is it true that you are more likely to get residency placement close to wherever you go to medschool?

yes, because you develop the networks there. I would definitely recommend the Boston schools for that reason. I would look at the residency match list from the previous class and see where they end up to gauge. BMC (BU's clinical training) is the best clinical training in Boston in regards to diversity and number of hours worked, so for that reason, I'd choose BU if you have the option. It all depends on what you want to do/ specialize in. It looks like if you want to do primary care, then Wake Forest may be a better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.