Wake Forest vs. VCU vs. MUSC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are my top choices for residency in my rank. I want to do fellowship (cards probably). Which has the best chance for fellowship or other career opps after residency?

Also, is a recently developed fellowship not considered "as good" as those in place at other institutions? Some programs I am applying to will have 3-4 new fellowships there by the time I finish residency, but I'm worried they may not career the same prestige or options after fellowship if I go there and stay for fellowship as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
These are my top choices for residency in my rank. I want to do fellowship (cards probably). Which has the best chance for fellowship or other career opps after residency?

Also, is a recently developed fellowship not considered "as good" as those in place at other institutions? Some programs I am applying to will have 3-4 new fellowships there by the time I finish residency, but I'm worried they may not career the same prestige or options after fellowship if I go there and stay for fellowship as well.

There's a thread for this already which I'm sure will get quickly merged. Of these I think VCU and Wake provide the best chance of matching a strong cards fellowship. MUSC is also a decent program but I can't stand South Carolina personally.

As far as newer fellowships, they certainly can be still excellent training grounds. However, you best maximize your chance of matching a good fellowship by going to the strongest program possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.