Wake Forest waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wadewilk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the procedure Wake uses for its waitlist? It says that it isn't ranked, so is that first come, first served, i.e., if you interviewed early, you have a better shot? Also, how many did they take off the waitlist in previous years and where can one find that info? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Wade,
I was waitlisted at Wake as well. I am not sure if this will help, but I have heard several times that Wake wants you to want them. If you want to go, write them and call them. Everyone that I talked to at the school that was waitlisted stressed to keep contacting the school.

Good luck!

Yep,
The secretary writes down each time you call! They are really into it!!
Oh, BTW, I used to work there, that is how I know.

------------------
~Pegasus~

Members don't see this ad :)
Candisdates on the wait-list are not ranked nor placed in priority groups. Calls from an advisor about the status of a candidate are accepted after May. Wait-listed candidates should submit a letter to the Admissions Office about their continued interest in the school. Greatest movement from the wait-list occurs between May and June. 10 to 15 candidates, more or less, are accepted after June 15.

What kind of calls can you really make? Do you just ask for your status? Or call to say, I'm really interested, just like last week, and I want you to still know that?

I sent a letter saying that they were first choice, called to make sure they got that letter, and then sent an update on some of my research. How much should I bug them?

Advisors can call but are not likely to get much useful information from any of the three. Some advisors are well-known to some of these medical schools and may have personal connections. Whether or not they may be able to get useful information is still a question.

Cornell does encourage wait-listed candidates to contact the Admissions Office regarding their continued interest and submit supplemental material such as updated transcripts, honors, or special achievements.

Wadewick: that is about as much as you can do. Always be polite.

Give it up! You know that if you are not in by now, you are not getting in. I would suggest you send them a letter of rejection so they know you mean business.

------------------
I don't follow tha drugz, tha drugz follow me

You might be right. Thank you for your input Juan. But do you really think that a rejection letter for them would work? I've heard of other doing this, but with mixed success. One of them wasn't accepted and the other one hasn't heard yet, so its still mixed. Any more advice on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Hey Wade: I am just screwing around. Your best bet is to wait. It ain't over till the fat lady sings and if you haven't heard her sing then you still have a chance. Best of luck to you!

This thread says about 10 - 15 people get off the wait list after May 15th from Wake Forest. Does anyone know how many people end up on the wait list for Wake Forest?

And does it help to beg them? This is my first choice and I"m nervous that I'm going to end up geting waitlisted.

I wouldn't believe the statistic of 10-15 people getting off the waitlist after May 15. I'm a first year at Wake Forest, and several of my classmates (myself included) weren't accepted to the class until after May 15. The waitlist really started moving on May 23 last year. Wake accepts almost 250 people for 108 spots. I didn't call the admissions office, but I sent them monthly letters (between Feb and May) updating them on my progress and any activities I was participating in. If anyone has specific questions about Wake, feel free to send me a PM.

Do you know how many people are placed on the waitlist?

I think that they place around 250-300 on the waitlist, but I am not sure. Like Jillianrae, I sent monthly updates between February and May and ended up getting in on May 23. There are plenty of people in my class that got in after that. So the waitlist definitely does move. Good luck!