Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wake Forest

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DNALadder2002, Sep 5, 2001.

1. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member

For this year, Wake Forest will screen applicants before sending them secondaries, yes?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member

Yes, Wake Forest is screening prior to sending secondary applications. I believe that's always been their policy. I guess it's because 2/3's of their class is composed of instate applicants.

4. kspillman

kspillman Member

Have you guys heard anything from WF because they are the only school I haven't got a secondary from.
    KIM

5. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member

here's a copy of one of my emails to the Wake admissions people.

6. how is wake forrest? repuatable, good school? anybody know? :D

7. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member

As far as I know, Wake is a solid and reputable school. Only problem is that Winston Salem leaves something to be desired from what I've heard.

8. johnthestreak

johnthestreak master of disaster

Resident [Any Field]
    does anyone know what you need (like stats)to get a secondary from wake forest? :rolleyes:

9. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member

Any word from Wake Forest?

10. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member

11. Barton

Barton Senior Member

I called WFU today (cuz 2 weeks ago they told me to call back in 2 weeks) and they told me they don't know anything yet. They aren't receiving verified electronic apps from AMCAS (which is what they're waiting for). They told me to call back at the end of the week. They hope to either be receiving verified electronic apps or institute a contingency plan at that time.

12. none

none 1K Member

This school is one of the very few that doesn't allow you to fulfill prereqs with community college work, be advised of that. They won't be getting my application money.

13. kspillman

kspillman Member

Are you completely sure that won't accept community college work? I called all the schools I was going to apply to and asked them. I'm not sure what Wake Forest said but I will go and check my notes. I don't imagine I would put them on my list though if they didn't. I could have made a mistake though. Yeah, I don't want to send them any more money if they are just going to reject me. Did you speak with someone in their office?
    KIM