Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNALadder2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For this year, Wake Forest will screen applicants before sending them secondaries, yes?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Wake Forest is screening prior to sending secondary applications. I believe that's always been their policy. I guess it's because 2/3's of their class is composed of instate applicants.

Have you guys heard anything from WF because they are the only school I haven't got a secondary from.
KIM

Members don't see this ad :)
here's a copy of one of my emails to the Wake admissions people.
We are on the brink of success, we feel, with the electronic download of
files from AMCAS. This has been a long and difficult summer. Because we
depend so heavily on the electronic data transmissions we are working hard
to make that work. When that works (we're hoping for this week), we will
prescreen and send seconardies selectively. Our secondary is on line this
year also and shouldn't take long to fill out. We do postpone evaluation
on those applicants who take the fall MCAT until those scores are received
about mid October. Because of the delays of the summer we have moved our
interview season to begin October 29 and run through
April 5. We're thinking we will have completed files by that time in order
to get the interviews going. Stay tuned. You should be hearing something
soon. If you have other concerns or questions, please let us know.

how is wake forrest? repuatable, good school? anybody know? :D

As far as I know, Wake is a solid and reputable school. Only problem is that Winston Salem leaves something to be desired from what I've heard.

does anyone know what you need (like stats)to get a secondary from wake forest? :rolleyes:

I called WFU today (cuz 2 weeks ago they told me to call back in 2 weeks) and they told me they don't know anything yet. They aren't receiving verified electronic apps from AMCAS (which is what they're waiting for). They told me to call back at the end of the week. They hope to either be receiving verified electronic apps or institute a contingency plan at that time.

This school is one of the very few that doesn't allow you to fulfill prereqs with community college work, be advised of that. They won't be getting my application money.

Are you completely sure that won't accept community college work? I called all the schools I was going to apply to and asked them. I'm not sure what Wake Forest said but I will go and check my notes. I don't imagine I would put them on my list though if they didn't. I could have made a mistake though. Yeah, I don't want to send them any more money if they are just going to reject me. Did you speak with someone in their office?
KIM