Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemguync

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone's still waiting on an interview decision from WFU, CALL THEM. I just called this morning expecting to hear my app's still under review, and ended up scheduling an interview for this Friday. So what folks are saying about calling them is apparently true.
On a related note: Does anybody have any tips or secret hints as to how to get to the correct office? I've heard that for a stranger, it's pretty difficult to navigate the hospital.

Members don't see this ad.

It IS confusing. They will give you directions, but the best thing to do is ask people along the way. I stumbled upon an information desk, which was very helpful. Good luck on your interview.

sheesh, just recieved invite from them today, for february 12th! (next wednesday!) not sure what i should do. . .any thoughts? i have a recent acceptance from unc, but wake forest seems like a pretty neat school.

cons: expensive, hard to book last minute travel.
pros:$$ may not matter if i get a NHSC scholarship; get to go down and visit my parents for at least a night.
any suggestions? thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Chemguy-

I hope this makes sense...
Park on the orange level of the visitor deck if you can so that you will enter the hosptial on the ground level (if you cant park on the orange level take the elevator just inside the clinical sciences building to the G level),. Go through either set of automatic double doors in FRONT of you (dont go left!). Go by the elevators (unless you need to get to the G level) and the information desk and walk across the glass bridge into the other section of the hospital (you will see the main entrance/patient pickup area below you). You will veer right after the bridge around an information desk but continue on the kinda straight path (there is another half glass hallway to the right that you dont want to go down). Take this long hallway till it ends at the glass foyer (past the domino's and bookstore). The glass foyer is the entrance to Watlington Hall. You will see elevators to your left and by the time you notice them they will be behind you. Take these elevators to the third floor and go down the main hall which is to your right. The admissions office is about halfway down the hall on your left. Luckily it is clearly labeled!
BTW allow plenty of time in the parking deck because it is kind of confusing so people tend to stop and look around in the middle of the aisles causing mass frustration to everyone behind them!
If you have any more questions about the area or the hospital feel free to PM me...
-AM

care bear....

i would go if i were you. it can't hurt. i was there on the 24th of jan and i absolutely loved it.

Chemguy: It can be extremely confusing trying to find your way around the building. When I went for my interview, I somehow ended up in Radiation Oncology, where none of them had a clue where the admissions office was. It depends on which tower you first enter. If I'm not mistaken though, there's a map of how to get from the shuttle/parking drop-off zone to Admissions in Watlington in the student information booklet that they'll send to you before your interview.

care bear: IMHO it's completely worth it to come by for an interview (which is very non-stress). I'm slightly biased, but I really love the school, and I think you'll have a great visit. (And if you come, try some of the cookies in Admissions, they're almost worth the visit!) :)

Originally posted by chrys42

care bear: IMHO it's completely worth it to come by for an interview (which is very non-stress). I'm slightly biased, but I really love the school, and I think you'll have a great visit. (And if you come, try some of the cookies in Admissions, they're almost worth the visit!) :)

This Yankee sure appreciated the Southern hospitality when I visited Wake. If you get used to the fact that you only have what, 15 minutes with each interviewer, the day is pretty low-stress. Definitely go if you can.

As I've said before, I really like Wake Forest, but it's just not right for me. Had things gone slightly differnetly in the past two years (research-wise), I think I would have been extremely happy at Wake.

I would LOVE an interview at Wake Forest! As a Dukie (and a recent recipient of a nice alumni rejection at my alma mater), I know how nice it would be to be back in North Carolina.

But, there's always a "but." I, however, did call several weeks ago and did do what they told me, and I called THIS afternoon as well (probably no more than a couple of hours after Care Bear) and I was told, unfortunately, that I'm still in the second category. :(

Oh, well, I guess they can't interview the low-guys like me. :(

Also, bummed out about Ohio State too. No Ohio love for this 23 yr. old, lifelong resident of Ohio, and Ohio taxpayer!

:(