Walgreens 2012 Grad intern job offer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmpills

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone received a job offer from walgreens this year so far? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just a P2, but some of my P4 friends have started to receive offers. Here in the South Florida area it looks like the offers are for 32hrs/week for around $91K. The hourly rate is around $55/hr....where as it was around $58/hr just 1-2 years ago.

The hourly rate is around $55/hr....where as it was around $58/hr just 1-2 years ago.
:eek: Is this for all of the Walgreens pharmacists in South Florida or just for new hires?

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek: Is this for all of the Walgreens pharmacists in South Florida or just for new hires?

New hires. FYI, I was in management with WAG prior to Pharm school and my wife is currently an Assistant Store Manager with WAG. They are having a huge District Manager meeting (corporate thingy) really soon where WAG will be rolling out some restructuring and so forth. I know that my wife's boss (store mgr) has been on the edge of his seat, and I've heard that WAG is planning restructuring across the board.

New RPh hires are getting offered around $55/hr, at least in our market that is. I know a few recent grads that were getting as much as $60/hr just 2 years ago in our market. Rumors are flying around like crazy, and almost all of the Pharmacy Managers and Store Managers I've talked to are pretty worried that hours and/or pay will be getting slashed soon. Who knows, things don't look super rosy though.

New hires. FYI, I was in management with WAG prior to Pharm school and my wife is currently an Assistant Store Manager with WAG. They are having a huge District Manager meeting (corporate thingy) really soon where WAG will be rolling out some restructuring and so forth. I know that my wife's boss (store mgr) has been on the edge of his seat, and I've heard that WAG is planning restructuring across the board.

New RPh hires are getting offered around $55/hr, at least in our market that is. I know a few recent grads that were getting as much as $60/hr just 2 years ago in our market. Rumors are flying around like crazy, and almost all of the Pharmacy Managers and Store Managers I've talked to are pretty worried that hours and/or pay will be getting slashed soon. Who knows, things don't look super rosy though.
Yep, been hearing the same song in my district. I said it in another thread, but I'll reiterate it here: my PIC said wags is hiring 0 grads this year in our district due to the market with our city being roughly 1.3mi people (not sure the number of stores)

When WAGs builds 3 new stores in the next 4 months in your city, who is going to work there?

I'm just a P2, but some of my P4 friends have started to receive offers. Here in the South Florida area it looks like the offers are for 32hrs/week for around $91K. The hourly rate is around $55/hr....where as it was around $58/hr just 1-2 years ago.

So, $91,000 annually for 0.8 FTE? Seems alright... ~$113,000 for full time, maybe a little lower than the past couple of years, but still.. or am I thinking about this wrong?

When WAGs builds 3 new stores in the next 4 months in your city, who is going to work there?
To the best of my knowledge, a new store hasn't gone up in at least a year in my district. As I recall, the company released an internal statement in the newsletters a couple years back when the market went south that they were not opening any new stores except the already planned stores. They said instead they would focus on renovating the existing stores. If the PERX thing stands, I wouldn't be surprised to see a store close here or there.

So, $91,000 annually for 0.8 FTE? Seems alright... ~$113,000 for full time, maybe a little lower than the past couple of years, but still.. or am I thinking about this wrong?

No you're correct. Yea it isn't a bad wage, slightly lower than what new grads were getting over the past few years. Just means that if you want that extra shift a week (8hrs), gonna have to fight for it. But, I've also heard of grads only being offered as little as 24hrs a week, same pay rate. My only argument is; I don't like where this trend of less pay and less hours is heading.

Nothing so far in NY. All this waiting is making me so anxious...though I'm pretty much preparing myself for rejection. :(