Walgreens market/floater pharmacist travel expense reimbursement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacistofold

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm a Walgreens floater pharmacist covering a wide area of pharmacies in one district, and I want to know is there a way to report mileages expense to be reimbursed. I heard that it's digital now, but could somebody please explain the steps and how to do that?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!

I'm a Walgreens floater pharmacist covering a wide area of pharmacies in one district, and I want to know is there a way to report mileages expense to be reimbursed. I heard that it's digital now, but could somebody please explain the steps and how to do that?
I've heard rumors you have to go to the Trusted Since 1901 store manager at the end of your shift and they can write you a check for your mileage? I'm not sure about this. I am in the same boat as you. Let me know if you find out how to get reimbursed for hotel and mileage. These expenses are killing my income and I am staying at the most low income motels possible.

Last edited:
This would be region specific if it's even offered at all. I would guess only a few places offered this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I obviously don't float but it's based off distance from your travel to your home store and has to be over a specific number of miles beyond that.

There's a form you fill out and email to your DM, ask the store manager for the location.

They just did a revamp so the SM should know where it's at or simply ask the DM how they want it done.

thats the trick corporate is playing. they say you would be reimbursed for travel expenses, but you would have to pay for it first out of pocket. then they make it as hard as possible to get that expense reimbursed in the hope that some people will forget or just let it go.

Reactions: 3 users
At cvs, it actually wasn't too bad once you find the right person to ask on how get your $. No one in corporate wants to give information on how to do this.

Hey guys!

You need to ask this question to your market scheduler. Not SDN.

Hey guys!

Anything over 50 miles each way is reimbursed at around $0.50 cents per mile. If your location is over 1.5 hours drive you can request a hotel from your market scheduler. The hotel night can either be the night before the shift, or the night that your shift ends. They will set up the hotel and pay it ahead of time on a Walgreens company account. You do not need to spend any of your own money at hotels or motels if your drive is over 1.5 hours. You get 5 dollars for breakfast, 15 dollars for lunch, and 30 dollars for dinner (yes, $50 dollars per day, save your receipts) on each day you have a hotel or are 1.5 hours past your normal drive time/miles which it takes to travel from your house to your home store. There is an electronic platform where you can log all of this, I believe is is called Concur. The DM signs off on the reimbursements and it comes as a separate paper check. Your store manager or market scheduler should be able to point you to travel policy on StoreNet, or inform you of what it is, and how to access it. This electronic platform is relatively new, there used to be manually filled out reimbursement forms (I'm not sure if you can still use the paper form method anymore since they started using Concur).

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Anything over 50 miles each way is reimbursed at around $0.50 cents per mile. If your location is over 1.5 hours drive you can request a hotel from your market scheduler. The hotel night can either be the night before the shift, or the night that your shift ends. They will set up the hotel and pay it ahead of time on a Walgreens company account. You do not need to spend any of your own money at hotels or motels if your drive is over 1.5 hours. You get 5 dollars for breakfast, 15 dollars for lunch, and 30 dollars for dinner (yes, $50 dollars per day, save your receipts) on each day you have a hotel or are 1.5 hours past your normal drive time/miles which it takes to travel from your house to your home store. There is an electronic platform where you can log all of this, I believe is is called Concur. The DM signs off on the reimbursements and it comes as a separate paper check. Your store manager or market scheduler should be able to point you to travel policy on StoreNet, or inform you of what it is, and how to access it. This electronic platform is relatively new, there used to be manually filled out reimbursement forms (I'm not sure if you can still use the paper form method anymore since they started using Concur).
Is it correct to assume that is 1.5 hours total commuting time or one way :dead:

Also I understand the chain of command at Trusted Since to be:

Pharmacy Tech --> Floater Rph --> Staff Rph --> Rph Manager --> Store manager --> district manager --> Operations VP --> Senior Vice Pres. --> Executive vice pres.

Given this, how possible is it for a Floater Rph to work his way up to Operations VP? It seems very hard as the Rph Manager would have to be "promoted" to Store manager which is a much lower salary unless you get to keep your Rx manager salary as the SM.

At Big Three Red I witnessed a SM leave his SM position to work as a glorified tech still keeping his SM pay. He refused to be nudged back into SM and within 2 years was terminated (probably for refusing to go back to SM). But sure did he milk his time as a tech making SM money.

Last edited:
Is it correct to assume that is 1.5 hours total commuting time or one way :dead:

Also I understand the chain of command at Trusted Since to be:

Pharmacy Tech --> Floater Rph --> Staff Rph --> Rph Manager --> Store manager --> district manager --> Operations VP --> Senior Vice Pres. --> Executive vice pres.

Given this, how possible is it for a Floater Rph to work his way up to Operations VP? It seems very hard as the Rph Manager would have to be "promoted" to Store manager which is a much lower salary unless you get to keep your Rx manager salary as the SM.

At Big Three Red I witnessed a SM leave his SM position to work as a glorified tech still keeping his SM pay. He refused to be nudged back into SM and within 2 years was terminated (probably for refusing to go back to SM). But sure did he milk his time as a tech making SM money.
If you look at people central, you'll see that all pharmacists and store managers are grouped into one "level." Just saw it today, it's like a tree of command with everyones profile in it

Reactions: 1 users
If you look at people central, you'll see that all pharmacists and store managers are grouped into one "level." Just saw it today, it's like a tree of command with everyones profile in it
Yeah. I found you can keep clicking up all the way to the CEO. It's pretty awesome to see the complete chain of command. The DM almost looks at the very bottom in the grand scheme of things