Walgreens pharmacist job postings in California decreased substantially?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrandTheftAutumn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

From time to time, I've been checking pharmacist job posting with Walgreens.
Last year, I used to see a lot more job posting for pharmacist positions in California statewide, but when I checked recently, I'm not seeing as many postings as I used to.
I'm only seeing floater and pharmacy manager positions, no staff RPh opening.

Anyone with an insight on this?
Is this due to saturation getting worse? Making room for new grads (cyclical trend)? Or recent budget change?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

From time to time, I've been checking pharmacist job posting with Walgreens.
Last year, I used to see a lot more job posting for pharmacist positions in California statewide, but when I checked recently, I'm not seeing as many postings as I used to.
I'm only seeing floater and pharmacy manager positions, no staff RPh opening.

Anyone with an insight on this?
Is this due to saturation getting worse? Making room for new grads (cyclical trend)? Or recent budget change?

Most of the 'postings' are already filled man. Hope you got a job lined up already...

Members don't see this ad :)
There is literally no reason for a chain to hire externally unless they are desperate or didn't manage their intern pool correctly. Plenty of people want to transfer to more desirable locations. A lot of part-time floaters get tired of instability and driving everywhere. Not a few PIC positions are for absolute trash stores

Reactions: 1 user
There is literally no reason for a chain to hire externally unless they are desperate or didn't manage their intern pool correctly. Plenty of people want to transfer to more desirable locations. A lot of part-time floaters get tired of instability and driving everywhere. Not a few PIC positions are for absolute trash stores

There is nothing worse than landing a new job - and finding out that you are the manager over a disaster.

• Love
All pharmacy job postings have drastically decreased in my area as well

Reactions: 2 users
It is definitely shrinking. There were more opportunities when I checked a few years back. A lot of jobs being snagged up by out of state grads too.