Walgreens rotation with 'education coordinator'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clarkbar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may have the opportunity to rotate with the 'educator coordinator' walgreens store in my district. What exactly does this term mean, and what kind of guy would volunteer for this sort of thing?
It appears that a lot of OTC and clinical outcomes will take place. There is also a marketing project to try to bring in LTC and vaccination patients. How do these rotations differ from a n0rmal Walgreens rotation?

Do you know how to use the IC+ and Outcomes MTM and CMR systems are? What kind of tasks do they require? What kind of clinical interventions do they require? What patient data does one have when doing such interventions? If the physician or patient does not listen to those interventions, is there a penalty for not 'succeeding'? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I
Do you know how to use the IC+ and Outcomes MTM and CMR systems are? What kind of tasks do they require? What kind of clinical interventions do they require? What patient data does one have when doing such interventions? If the physician or patient does not listen to those interventions, is there a penalty for not 'succeeding'? Thanks in advance!

I've worked with Outcome, different tasks will be CMR's, addressing non-adherence, suggesting lower cost drug alternatives to the prescriber, suggesting an ACE-I to diabetic patients, etc.
Patient data provided by Outcomes is pretty minimal, your information will be the patient's pharmacy profile The penalty for not succeeding is the pharmacy doesn't get paid (although I think think that is changing for 2014 and there will be a minimal fee for trying, but not succeeding.) With CMR's, Outcomes expects that you will detect problems, if you do too many CMR's without detecting problems, they won' let you do CMR's anymore until you do so many successful interventions from their suggested ones.

Typically these are pharmacists who used to work as a retail pharmacist but something came up (had kids) and they want a less stressful job within the same company.

Typically these are pharmacists who used to work as a retail pharmacist but something came up (had kids) and they want a less stressful job within the same company.

That's nice to know. How do these systems work? What are the common pathologies and medication recommendations? What are the expectations of the pharmacist with these systems? Detailed answers welcome!