Walmart offer, how much, starting pay, pharmacist? Medical benefits? Vacation time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would also like to know if anyone knows about the part time/full time game? Is 30 hr/week considered part time or full time? Lets say that if you start out as 30hr/wk but categorized as "part time", then how long does it take for you to become "full time" (meaning that your hours only increase from 30/wk to 32/wk but your status changes from "part time" to "full time").

Does anyone have feedback on this question?

How do you transition from a part-time Grad Intern at 30 hours to full-time status?

Members don't see this ad.

How does it work with benefits for the part-time grad intern? Hours/week? What about after transition to staff RPh?

Members don't see this ad :)
FMLazole,

Do you get vacation benefits as a 1st year employee? I have also been working for about half a year...and I don't get vacation benefits until after my first year. I have various classmates that work for walmart...some of them say they get vacation pay and some of them don't. I'm thinking about renegotiating with my manager.

I joined the company as a pharmacist (came from another company) and was given 2 weeks starting vacation (including not having to wait a year). It appears that you are a student, so I really can't say what the policy is on that.

I'm actually a pharmacist. (forgot to update my profile). I am a recent grad though...2013, and began working with Walmart August 2013.

FMLazole,

Do you get vacation benefits as a 1st year employee? I have also been working for about half a year...and I don't get vacation benefits until after my first year. I have various classmates that work for walmart...some of them say they get vacation pay and some of them don't. I'm thinking about renegotiating with my manager.

Was this information not clarified in your offer letter?

When should we expect to get the offer letter? So far, I only have the letter of intent.....and if I am not mistaken the offer letter and letter of intent is not the same, correct?

When should we expect to get the offer letter? So far, I only have the letter of intent.....and if I am not mistaken the offer letter and letter of intent is not the same, correct?
I do not know the difference, I am still waiting to hear back from my Market Director. I thought that you receive an 'offer letter', sign it and return it, and then it becomes a 'letter of intent.' But it sounds like you sign a letter of intent first...

Asian Pharm- How does the letter of intent work, what exactly is it? Is it a letter in the mail that describes all of your pay, hours, benefits, which store you will be at etc that you sign and return? If you have signed a letter of intent, does this mean that the job is yours and waiting for you.

I am just about to go in for my drug testing and background check, so where am I at in the process, how close am I to being hired.

I do not know the difference, I am still waiting to hear back from my Market Director. I thought that you receive an 'offer letter', sign it and return it, and then it becomes a 'letter of intent.' But it sounds like you sign a letter of intent first...

Asian Pharm- How does the letter of intent work, what exactly is it? Is it a letter in the mail that describes all of your pay, hours, benefits, which store you will be at etc that you sign and return? If you have signed a letter of intent, does this mean that the job is yours and waiting for you.

Now, I am also confused. I thought it was letter of Intent that was first because when I got the email from the DM, the letter was attached to the email in PDF form and it was named"letter of intent"...I signed it and send it back to him....After that, nothing so far, and it has been a month.

Things are taking a long time for me too. I have drug test/background check this week, but I still do not know how close I am to being hired. I have not signed anything yet.

Asian pharm- have you done drug test/background check yet?

FMLazole,

I'm located in SC, and also know several pharmacists in Georgia. In the district down here staff pharmacists start at 58 in most districts and manager is 60. I know staff makes a few grand bonus, where managers make 15-18 depeneding on how well they do (this range is reasonable max is 24k but youd have to be beating expectations for that).

My district bonuses are:
Profit:
Sales:
Customer Service:
My Sales are over 104% and I get the full bonus for that pretty much.
My profit is like 98% AND I get half the bonus.
You get 0 for customer service if score is lless then 9 out of 10.

Can't contribute to 401k for a year but when you do they match at 6%.
Start with 0 weeks vacation, then 1 week then 2 week after 3 years.

I got 1 week for both of my first 2 years due to just bringing up that I needed a week off and the dm flat out offered me a week. Seems like had you tried to get a week you would have gotten it. Im more mad at my crappy pay raise for being the manager. Also think you should make more for busier stores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do grad interns get bumped up to full time after they get licensed? If not, How many hours do the part timers get?

Screw Walmart, they're whole bunch of hypocrites who use ppl's labor and hardly compensate for their work. They dont give a damn abt ppl's well-beings, not to mention they overslave their ppl. Fake fake fake

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Does anyone know any update about "walmart express" .They are coming with a smaller store format that would have pharmacy, photo, cosmetics and only minimal grocery like milk etc...I think they are doing it to compete with wags/cvs. They are already some in AK,NC and Chicago.
Does anyone know when they are coming to FL?

PS: These "express" stores will also have gas pumps as well like at a gas station....

By express so you mean neighborhood market? It's a Walmart with out the general merchandise side.

They are all over florida.

Walmart Express is a smaller format store about the same size as a Walgreens. They have all the same grocery sections just a lot less different brands. You can still find all your meat, vegetables, dog food, plastic ware, etc. Pharmacy has a TASCO but no cash register. Most Rxs filled in one day was 270. The one here is more than a year old.

Whoa. I had no idea. Interesting! Thanks for the link!

Hey Asian pharm

What part of Florida are you seeking employment? I'm also interested in walmart in Orlando.

Hey Asian pharm

What part of Florida are you seeking employment? I'm also interested in Walmart in Orlando.

I was looking into the Jacksonville area initially, but now I am ok with pretty much any part from the Pensacola to Jacksonville to Miami and further key west (pretty much any where in the state of FL)

What about you? Did you get any luck in finding a position in Orlando?

Walmart Express is a smaller format store about the same size as a Walgreens. They have all the same grocery sections just a lot less different brands. You can still find all your meat, vegetables, dog food, plastic ware, etc. Pharmacy has a TASCO but no cash register. Most Rxs filled in one day was 270. The one here is more than a year old.

I did not know that they don't have a cash register int he pharmacy in thier express stores. How do they ring up patients then?

I did not know that they don't have a cash register int he pharmacy in thier express stores. How do they ring up patients then?
At thre front end registers I would imangine. Some super centers allow customers to do this. They just ring the rx up with their other groceries.

Can anyone shed some actual light as to the starting pay of walmart pharmacists? I know when I worked in Columbus a floater told me he got hired in 2009 as a full time floater at 125,000 per year. Any idea how much more pharmacy managers make at wallys (I know the bonus is way higher, worked there as intern for 5 years and my manager said he got 22k one year his store was the most profitable in district that year, normal is more around 15k) Does anyone know about their stock options issue for pharmacists? I know (walgreens/cvs have defined stock isssue schedules) kroger and walmart issue stock to pharmacists when they feel like it, and the staff pharm at wallys said he got some for christmas one year and immediately resold it for 3k+ profit. Can anyone shed light as to whether walmart issues stock options every year to pharmacists or like every 3 years or something like that?

Just wondering on these questions. I have an interview with wallys as pharmacy manager. Graduated in 2012; working for CVS right now and am just metric'd out (people that work really hard eventually just get fed up with metrics of which 2/3 of them have no meaning). I no longer wish to be a CVS slave. Free Me.

How many hours do their part-time rph's typically get?

. I no longer wish to be a CVS slave. Free Me.

and you think if you switch chains you wont? Pal told me now they are adding flu shots into their metrics now. And MTM is on the way...

and you think if you switch chains you wont? Pal told me now they are adding flu shots into their metrics now. And MTM is on the way...
Your response makes it obvious you never worked for CVS in your lifetime. Trust me you want to keep it that way. Yeah the walmart pilot for flu shots has started, but the amount of stuff you do is no where near CVS; and if you think having flu shots or mtm is gamechanging...you have no idea how many metrics and tactics CVS has to make their employees slaves and work harder like hamsters running in circles. I actually enjoy giving flu shots and the interaction with patients and leveraged that in my interview with the walmart regional manager how I want a budget and then to destroy it; a lot of older 20+ years in service pharmacists just want to retire in peace. Thats where im different; im hungry for conquest and getting myself my own store. Plus, if i got the pharmacy manager, the compensation increase at walmart is significantly higher that a staff rph and the metrics are attainable.

getting myself my own store.

be careful what you wish for. Because if you work in a 2 pharmacist system and the other pharmacist is lazy...guess what...you're left picking up their slack and conquering everything else you said you would do. Doesn't pay to let a DM know everything you are capable of doing. Why? Because they will MILK you for everything you got!

I do the bare minimum to keep the supervisor off my back right now. Just enough so that they leave me alone. Like another thread said in this forum....preserve your sanity 1st. The sad thing is I could do a lot more, but with how hard cvs harasses their pharmacists I just want them to let me do my job and stop bugging me about stuff that doesnt even matter. Patient care means nothing at CVS; corporate is all consumed with money. I really need to hold their stock longterm. As far as working there, I have yet to meet 1 pharmacist who works with CVS in my 2 year tenure that really says they enjoy working with CVS.

In an interview, you have to go all out. If I want a job that would increase my yearly compensation 25,000 , then I gotta go all out!

Also, most important thing about interviewing: ask for the job at the end! (Which I did)

What's the difference in compensation for a pharmacy manager compared to a staff pharmacist when it comes to the bonus? Also, I don't think there is a big salary difference between the two either at Walmart.

What's the difference in compensation for a pharmacy manager compared to a staff pharmacist when it comes to the bonus? Also, I don't think there is a big salary difference between the two either at Walmart.
Bonus potential makes for a large gap.

What about study materials provided by WMT for the state your guys signed the offer for?
My friend accepted an offer for WAGS in FL, and she is getting rxprep book plus an additional law book for FL mpje, both for free from wags.
I will be transferring to MN. I have already purchased the rxprep from myself but I do not have any study material for MN MPJE, since I will be graduating form a FL school.
So, what material should I ask for to get from WMT for MN mpje?

Now, I am also confused. I thought it was letter of Intent that was first because when I got the email from the DM, the letter was attached to the email in PDF form and it was named"letter of intent"...I signed it and send it back to him....After that, nothing so far, and it has been a month.

I was told that the official offer letters are not sent out until after graduation.

How many hours a week do the part-time grad interns get, and then how many once the grad intern becomes a staff RPh?

How many hours a week do the part-time grad interns get, and then how many once the grad intern becomes a staff RPh?

A WMT pharmacy manager said I would get 20-30 hours/week, but there would be plenty of extra hours available for me to pick up if I wanted. I have no idea how that works. Are you just an extra pharmacist as a grad intern? Maybe a 2013 new WMT grad could help us out.

My letter of intent does not state anything about hours once I transition to hourly licensed staff pharmacist.

I am new to the company, does anyone know how much training I will get as a new grad intern. Thanks.

I am new to the company, does anyone know how much training I will get as a new grad intern. Thanks.

Training is what you make out of it. My suggestion is to grab the bull by the horns and learn how to do everything. Why? Because after you get licensed and your techs call in and/or short handed you still have to get the scripts out...and better yet if you are all alone (and you will be at 1 point in time) your DM will still expect you to do it from drop off to pick up.

Last grad intern I had chose not to learn how to do anything. After he got his license we had him removed from our store and he went to a slow store. Guess what? He found himself calling around asking how to do things because he didn't know how!

Training is what you make out of it. My suggestion is to grab the bull by the horns and learn how to do everything. Why? Because after you get licensed and your techs call in and/or short handed you still have to get the scripts out...and better yet if you are all alone (and you will be at 1 point in time) your DM will still expect you to do it from drop off to pick up.

Last grad intern I had chose not to learn how to do anything. After he got his license we had him removed from our store and he went to a slow store. Guess what? He found himself calling around asking how to do things because he didn't know how!
Thanks for this Sunshine98! Is there any formal training for a grad intern that is new to the company, or is it more of a watch, learn, and jump in process.

Thanks for this Sunshine98! Is there any formal training for a grad intern that is new to the company, or is it more of a watch, learn, and jump in process.
There is formal training for both.

A WMT pharmacy manager said I would get 20-30 hours/week, but there would be plenty of extra hours available for me to pick up if I wanted. I have no idea how that works. Are you just an extra pharmacist as a grad intern? Maybe a 2013 new WMT grad could help us out.

My letter of intent does not state anything about hours once I transition to hourly licensed staff pharmacist.

winnguyen,

I had couple interviews with walmart, how long after the phone interview do you expect to hear anythign back?

I did not have a phone interview. But everything seems to take a long time with Walmart. Especially if you are interacting with a Market Health and Wellness Director, they appear to be extremely busy. Half of the times that I have tried to contact mine, he never replied. However long you expect it to take, double that, and then add 1 week. What do the MHWDs do all day anyways?

I interview a couple of months back with health and wellness director. He told me at the end it was for a pharmacy manager of a new store opening up, not an existing one. He said there were numerous applicants, that the top few would be forwarded to the district manager to have a sit down with and explore further. He also asked me if I would be interested in being a staff rph. I followed up with the DM at her email a few weeks later and she told me she didnt have any openings :/. I'll just keep trying! I only have 1 1/2 years as staff rph and no experience as pharmacy manager. Give it time! But yeah if they are intersted in you they will come to you.

I know many people in the same boat with WMT and target pharmacies. Do you negotiate salary, vacation, etc when they offer you a job over the phone or after you receive the official signing letter in the mail?? The offer letter that I received did not say anything about hours as a grad intern either, only the salary once I become certified. Any advice on this process from anyone would be much appreciated!