Walmart to launch new ACCOUNTABILITY MATRIX april 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I manage a WM in BFE and we have conference calls this week. The topic is the new accountability agenda they will be pushing. Nobody knows what it is yet, or how it will work, but the sound of it just makes me cringe. MY store is pretty solid on profit and metrics, so i should be fine for a bit. But like i have always said , they would eventually find creative ways to eliminate the higher paid pharms and replace with the cheaper newbies. I think this is just opening the door for our DM's to start open season on us. Every new agenda since Feb 1st (end of fiscal year) has been aimed at some form of higher accountability.

This particular accountability agenda is directly aimed at health and wellness. Now why would a company suddenly do this? We are already pushing so hard and giving them so much, it's insane. I wanna believe they are doing it with a positive idea in mind ;like they stated. "The new accountability program launches April 1st, which will support our efforts in building a high performance culture"

What do you think this is about?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What does high performance culture even mean?? In English please lmao

What's the point of a H&W accountability matrix (which already exists) if it's not enforced? I've run into alarm not set when I come in to open a pharmacy. Nothing. Happens.

If they introduce automatic coaching for RPH cycle counts undone or PQCF not completed because of ***** pharmacists who can't fill out a PQCF correctly I wouldn't complain.

Members don't see this ad :)
so expect people to scatter, and get performanced out..... correct?

I wont do it man....i will quit outright...not gonna take peoples jobs from them unless they really shouldnt be in retail pharmacy and are screwing up the workflow. I wont be a part of whatever this is, if it gets nasty. i promise....

Who cares... I can draw upon my cash savings and Roth IRA contributions if I really have to get by on savings.

I found out bit today from others who did the calls today, they are moving to a more streamlined system based on colors and severity of offenses instead of the old 1,2,3 and 4th your out old style. I still think we can kiss our fat bonuses goodbye because this will be used in conjunction with extremely high expectations to achieve your goals. ya know? like a setup essentially. Problem is if you hang my carrot out too far in front of me, i wont be as inclined to chase after it.....you can keep your carrot! lol

The matrix already had different tiers, i.e., don't report an event in SCRT = termination

So, I manage a WM in BFE and we have conference calls this week. The topic is the new accountability agenda they will be pushing. Nobody knows what it is yet, or how it will work, but the sound of it just makes me cringe. MY store is pretty solid on profit and metrics, so i should be fine for a bit. But like i have always said , they would eventually find creative ways to eliminate the higher paid pharms and replace with the cheaper newbies. I think this is just opening the door for our DM's to start open season on us. Every new agenda since Feb 1st (end of fiscal year) has been aimed at some form of higher accountability.

This particular accountability agenda is directly aimed at health and wellness. Now why would a company suddenly do this? We are already pushing so hard and giving them so much, it's insane. I wanna believe they are doing it with a positive idea in mind ;like they stated. "The new accountability program launches April 1st, which will support our efforts in building a high performance culture"

What do you think this is about?

I am going to guess that it has to do with MTM, medication alignment, and tons of phone calls for NTT/first fills/etc

There is no spoon.

We had the call and it;s just like an express lane for moving and terminating people. They are pushing what they call a "High performance culture" , and if you dont stack up you will be pushed out. Thats the message i got.

We had the call and it;s just like an express lane for moving and terminating people. They are pushing what they call a "High performance culture" , and if you dont stack up you will be pushed out. Thats the message i got.

So basically we now have performance parameters in the pharmacy.. I have worked with many people in my time, and just about 90% of them had to perform at a certain level or they get pushed out. I don’t feel so bad about this.

The only thing that I would say against this is - pharmacy is a professional environment and people can get hurt if we get wreckless. At times I feel I’m getting wreckless due to speed but to this day I have not had a single medication error and I have verified several hundred thousand Rx.. so, I dunno

Members don't see this ad :)
This new accountability process applies to all Walmart field hourly and management apparently.

If we are actually allowed to apply this, it would be much easier to get rid of techs. Basically anything resulting in a 1 800 WM could be twisted to be used against the offending tech if indeed there was a legitimate customer service shortfall caused by a tech.

I really don't know how anyone can stand to work in retail? All I know is hospital, but from all the bad I hear from coworkers about their previous retail life...why stay in it?

I really don't know how anyone can stand to work in retail? All I know is hospital, but from all the bad I hear from coworkers about their previous retail life...why stay in it?

Dollars...... everyone needs them

a extra 12k a year is not worth the misery...
Dollars...... everyone needs them
Of course you make more in retail but is that extra 12k worth it? A new pharmacist I work with came from CVS and they only get 2 weeks vacation starting out. Its pretty much standard in hospitals to start with 4 weeks or more.

a extra 12k a year is not worth the misery...

Of course you make more in retail but is that extra 12k worth it? A new pharmacist I work with came from CVS and they only get 2 weeks vacation starting out. Its pretty much standard in hospitals to start with 4 weeks or more.

Well sure.. But - are there enough hospital jobs for us all?

Dollars is what is driving us all. We gotta get them where we can.

just apply...that lie about residency required for hospital is such a lie

just apply...that lie about residency required for hospital is such a lie

Yes - i could get a job in hospital. But I am answering your question which was - why don’t we all leave retail because it sucks?

The answer is - we need dollars and there is not enough dollars for us all in hospital.

$130k vs $120k...is nothing. At least working in a hospital you actually use what you went to school for.

$130k vs $120k...is nothing. At least working in a hospital you actually use what you went to school for.
That was the thing that most surprised me about pharmacy. The school was challenging and interesting..but it turned out to have essentially nothing to do with flogging pills on Main street. As a G.I. the training matched what I ended up doing out in the big world. I imagine that if I had ended up in a hospital it would be different...I get mixed answers on that.. I however, am on the downhill run. I would not advise this biz..for multiple reasons...the money ,for example, is vanishing as I type this.

That was the thing that most surprised me about pharmacy. The school was challenging and interesting..but it turned out to have essentially nothing to do with flogging pills on Main street. As a G.I. the training matched what I ended up doing out in the big world. I imagine that if I had ended up in a hospital it would be different...I get mixed answers on that.. I however, am on the downhill run. I would not advise this biz..for multiple reasons...the money ,for example, is vanishing as I type this.

Agreed. For me, I enjoyed the really fundamental courses, like pharmacology and microbiology. The courses concerning side-effects, drug-drug interactions, contraindications, step-wise therapy for this or that ailment, etc. I found pretty dry. Hence, my distain for even hospital pharmacy (at least on rotations).

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed. For me, I enjoyed the really fundamental courses, like pharmacology and microbiology. The courses concerning side-effects, drug-drug interactions, contraindications, step-wise therapy for this or that ailment, etc. I found pretty dry. Hence, my distain for even hospital pharmacy (at least on rotations).

Well, thats kinda the idea behind pharmacy practice. (or was) , that you APPLY the knowledge from those courses into patient treatment/care. Now a days its about rushing them in and out the door fast. However, you have to pretend to care about health and well being of your patients, otherwise you wont make money on your DIR reimbursements...etc. If DIR did not exist like 10 or so years ago it would be just as it was. rushing them in and out and absolutely no concern for patient well being or over-all health and medication compliance. Not that it is a bad thing though, I dont mean to sound harsh, but it is a RETAIL pharmacy, your there to quickly purchase a good/service. Not get a blood pressure screening, cholesterol test, A1C test, BMI, Flu/strep screening, ...back massage....lol this is getting ridiculous. laughable.

...At times I feel I’m getting wreckless due to speed but to this day I have not had a single medication error and I have verified several hundred thousand Rx.. so, I dunno

Impossible. It is not within the realm of possibility for a human to be perfect. But kudos to you, I wish I had your track record!

Reactions: 1 users
Impossible. It is not within the realm of possibility for a human to be perfect. But kudos to you, I wish I had your track record!

Not saying I won’t. But serious I have not had a mistake yet. Certainly not perfect, I guess I have just been careful

Not saying I won’t. But serious I have not had a mistake yet. Certainly not perfect, I guess I have just been careful

That is because no one outside of you has actually verified your own prescriptions.

You might have made an error that went out to the patient on a rx that has zero refills. Thus, the sig/med could be wrong and the patient never caught it either... wrong strength, missing part of sig, who knows?

That is because no one outside of you has actually verified your own prescriptions.

You might have made an error that went out to the patient on a rx that has zero refills. Thus, the sig/med could be wrong and the patient never caught it either... wrong strength, missing part of sig, who knows?

Ok.. to this date I have never had an Rx returned to me that I verified that had wrong pt, drug, dose, or sig or qty...

Screw correct day supply and doctor.

Hospitals are starting to have metrics too. It’s getting hard out there

Ok.. to this date I have never had an Rx returned to me that I verified that had wrong pt, drug, dose, or sig or qty...

Screw correct day supply and doctor.

Yeah WM is the only company that wants you to report EVERYTHING ....near misses.....miscounts....little things that get you sent to bentonville for re training. Aint nobody got time for that......lol

maybe Walmart can learn from CVS, we got rid of 90% of the metrics a few weeks back. 50% of the score is from customer service, 50% from ready at pick up. It is so nice, everything can go red and I don't even sweat because it makes no difference.

The original post was about accountability program. How serious would you consider to be a double fill with limited pharmacists scheduled(single coverage)? Please, elaborate with details on it.

Duplicate fill would fall under the Just Culture system so you should not be disclipined per se for the incident itself but for flagrantly not following "SOP"

If it is considered as not following SOP, what would be the worst discipline measurement as a possible scenario? I would really like to hear as many answers as possible.

you have made a mistake - it just either wasn't reports, you didn't realize it, and it caused no harm. No human is perfect - we all have made them.

And about $$ in hospital vs retail - I make 150K in hospital, midsized SE city that is saturated - yes I have 15 years experience, but my friends in retail say a new grad in retail (if they get full time hours) are making 104k - so saying you have to have retail for more money is bogus (and that doesn't take into account my vacation of 8 weeks vs 2 weeks for them - even if you compare same experience levels, I am way ahead - it just took me while to get there

If it is considered as not following SOP, what would be the worst discipline measurement as a possible scenario? I would really like to hear as many answers as possible.

If it's Just Culture-related probably need to follow that process first even with so-called "manager discretion"

This new accountability process applies to all Walmart field hourly and management apparently.

If we are actually allowed to apply this, it would be much easier to get rid of techs. Basically anything resulting in a 1 800 WM could be twisted to be used against the offending tech if indeed there was a legitimate customer service shortfall caused by a tech.

yes, exactly. it's aimed at lower level associates.

maybe Walmart can learn from CVS, we got rid of 90% of the metrics a few weeks back. 50% of the score is from customer service, 50% from ready at pick up. It is so nice, everything can go red and I don't even sweat because it makes no difference.

Well, since the restructuring got heavy under-way , they must have realized we had trouble making our ready when promised mark and others.....there is no focus or talk about it anymore. which leads me to believe that they are well aware they have cut back and handicapped the stores.