WAMC 2023-2024 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nathanieldeguzman831

Reaction score
Hey Pre-Dental community,

I want to ask the community of like-minded scholars. Currently, I am out of college, just graduated May 2022. I had applied 2021-2022 cycle with a 18AA, 18TS, and 21PAT. Unfortunately, I did not receive any acceptances. My dream has not died yet of course. I am in my gap years now looking to apply to the 2023-2024 cycle. Just retook the DAT and scored 21AA, 22TS, 23PAT. I graduated with a 3.42 cumulative GPA with upward trend going from a 2.7 freshman year, 3.3, sophomore year, 3.5 junior year, and 3.9 senior year. My shadowing hours are right around 100 combined with mainly a general dentist, oral surgeons, and orthodontists, but I am a full time dental-assistant so my clinical hours by time I apply will be high, working about 43 hours/week. I've attended a pre-dental program with Touro College Dental School. I had a medical research internship experience of 300 hours with a renal laboratory and poster presentation. Pre-dental club member at my 4-year college. Division I athlete and team captain.

I would love some pointers because dental school is the only thing I want, and as a second time applicant, I am trying to do what I can to make myself much more competitive. Please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be applying this June 2023!
I had applied 2021-2022 cycle with a 18AA, 18TS, and 21PAT. Unfortunately, I did not receive any acceptances.

please list all the schools you applied to, and which ones you received interviews at

Oops, I should have quoted both, what schools did you apply to last cycle?

NYU, Touro, Buffalo, Stonybrook, Rutgers, UConn, Temple, LECOM, Roseman, Case Western, Tufts, Boston University.
I also applied mid to end of September and early to mid October.

NYU, Touro, Buffalo, Stonybrook, Rutgers, UConn, Temple, LECOM, Roseman, Case Western, Tufts, Boston University.
Not a bad list actually. But you severely hurt yourself applying as late as you did given your stats. Apply early in June next cycle and with your new DAT score I think you’ll get some bites.

Reactions: 1 users
you still haven't said where you interviewed and where you waitlisted at any schools...