WAMC? 29 (9/9/11), 3.74cGPA, 3.65sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBlocker

Veteran MCATer
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, retaker here.

1) Applied August 2010: 27R (9/8/10), 3.6sGPA, 3.65 cGPA, Cookier cutter EC: shadowing, volunteering in the ER, summer internship with local Dept. of Health, Teaching Assistant for Bio 1 year, LORs from professors (Public Health, Biology, History)

2) Will be applying Spring 2014 (next year). I will have 29 (9/9/11), 3.65sGPA, 3.74cGPA. Additional local and international volunteer/community service exp, MUCH MORE shadowing both MD and DO, working 2 years in a top 15 medical school as a research coordinator with extensive patient contact and community outreach, handling an NIH and a pharma study all by myself. One publication, (5th author), Expect strong letters from PI physicians and physicians I've shadowed. Also, participation in local Choir 1 year).

I wanted a better score for the MCAT, but unfortunately things didn't go as I planned. I made stupid errors on PS and the score did not increase. Nevertheless my MCAT increased by 2 points.

WAMC? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you not apply DO first time around?Late? I'm surprised you got no love with those stats.

Did you not apply DO first time around?Late? I'm surprised you got no love with those stats.

Yea, I did not apply DO. I did not know about the program, frankly. I applied MD and only in NY state. In retrospect, that was not a smart decision. I should have definitely applied DO. Now I am growing more and more anxious, especially that my MCAT score barely moved. I definitely think that the score did not reflect the amount of work I put into it. I will not retake though, b/c 29 was on the lowest range on my practice scores, but still within that range, heh.

This time I will apply broadly, MD and DO, all over the states. No carribean, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely stay clear of the carrib....but you are above avg for most DO schools

Definitely stay clear of the carrib....but you are above avg for most DO schools

Thanks for the comments, sb.

What do you guys think are my chances at MD schools? Although, I would be equally happy with DO