DO WAMC? 3.29 cGPA 2.92 sGPA 508 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clutch100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to mainly assess my chances for DO schools (any advice on a DO school list if I'm competitive would be greatly appreciated). My first choice is attending the MD through the SMP I'm attending this fall (50+% linkage). I'm also planning to try to send my SMP grades during the fall school year to my in-state MD schools as a reach.

Year in school: Graduated 2016, Attending an SMP 2017-2018

Country/state of residence: Georgia

Schools to which you are applying: MD - SMP school and in-state schools.
DO - (help with school list please) Am open to anything, primarily interested in Nova Southeastern, Western U, PCOM (GA), Touro (CA)

Cumulative GPA: 3.29

Science GPA: 2.9

MCAT Score: 508

Research – 1,000 hours research assistant, no pubs

Volunteering (clinical) – (1.) 200 hours in hospital transporting patients via wheelchair, checking on patients, and cleaning hospital rooms. (2.) 75 hours working as a tech in a clinic serving the uninsured and homeless (would take blood pressure with a stethoscope, prick the patients to record blood glucose, retrieving other vitals, and taking the patient to their assigned room). Also would shadow the physician treating the patient afterwards.

Physician shadowing – include hours/specialties: 40 hours pediatrician, also shadowed a urologist and oncologist around 8 hours each while volunteering.

Non-clinical volunteering: a little over 100 hours over a couple organizations

Extracurricular activities: multiple executive leadership role for organizations at my school, including the make-a-wish foundation.

Employment history: 1,000 hours ER medical scribe

Members don't see this ad.

Your sGPA could result in your application being screened out at some schools. Your good MCAT and EC's should help you. These are schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
UIWSOM
PCOM-Georgia
Idaho (new school)

Your sGPA could result in your application being screened out at some schools. Your good MCAT and EC's should help you. These are schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
UIWSOM
PCOM-Georgia
Idaho (new school)
Thank you for the response! With my stats, you think I have would have any shot for Nova Southeastern?

Members don't see this ad :)