1. Pre-Medical
Sent in primary yesterday, still waiting for app to be approved
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
    1. cGPA ~ 3.62
    2. sGPA ~ 3.23
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown
    1. 499 (125/124/122/128)
    2. Will 122 B/B kill me?
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
    1. Florida
  4. Ethnicity and/or race
    1. ORM Asian
  5. Undergraduate institution or category
    1. Top 10 Public University - State School
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
    1. 700 hours clinical
  7. Research experience and productivity
    1. 700 hours research
    2. Co-author publication
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. Pediatrician
    2. Spine Speciality/ Pain Management
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. 400 hours
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. E-Board member for cultural org
    2. TA
    3. 2 Chair positions for Orgs
    4. Little gap year activities due to COVID
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    1. Scholarships, Deans List
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important
    1. Graduated May 2019
    2. was told my personal statement was great by a respected bio advisor
    3. 11 solid experiences on experiences section
    4. 4 LOR's (1 Science Prof, 1 PI, 1 Volunteer Coordinator, 1 MD)

Will the 122 B/B section, 124 CARS section, or only 1 school faculty later cause me to be automatically rejected? I can try to message random professors for a non-science professor's letter.

WAMC and potential school list @Faha @Goro?
I have sent primary to NYIT, LECOM- Bradenton, NSU COM, KCU-COM, VCOM - VA, and VCOM - Carolinas so far. Looking to add more, THANKS!!!!!

Last edited:

candbgirl

Lifetime Donor
Gold Donor
15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
You will probably be okay at DO schools but I’m not sure because of your very low subsection scores. Check and see if any of the schools you applied to have minimum subsection scores. With a 499 MCAT and a 3.23 sGPA and a very late application date, I’d forget about applying to MD schools and focus on DO schools. DO schools will be your most viable path to med school. And remember, always have a backup plan since nothing is guaranteed. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
  1. Attending Physician
You could add these DO schools to your application:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
ICOM
LUCOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
You could receive some interviews with a MCAT of 499 but you will need to apply broadly to many schools.

About the Ads
May 3, 2015
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
You will probably be okay at DO schools but I’m not sure because of your very low subsection scores. Check and see if any of the schools you applied to have minimum subsection scores. With a 499 MCAT and a 3.23 sGPA and a very late application date, I’d forget about applying to MD schools and focus on DO schools. DO schools will be your most viable path to med school. And remember, always have a backup plan since nothing is guaranteed. Good luck.
gotchaa thanks!

May 3, 2015
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
You could add these DO schools to your application:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LMU-DCOM
BCOM
ICOM
LUCOM
Noorda-COM (new school)
You could receive some interviews with a MCAT of 499 but you will need to apply broadly to many schools.
gotcha thanks!! Is NYIT- Old Westbury tougher to get in to? I have a lot of family in NY so was just wondering. And are there any schools on this list you think I should avoid?

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
  1. Attending Physician
gotcha thanks!! Is NYIT- Old Westbury tougher to get in to? I have a lot of family in NY so was just wondering. And are there any schools on this list you think I should avoid?
Your MCAT of 499 is not competitive for NYIT Westbury. From my list LMU-DCOM, BCOM and ICOM would be your choice only if you are not accepted to any of the other schools I listed. With a MCAT of 499 you may not have many options.

May 3, 2015
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Your MCAT of 499 is not competitive for NYIT Westbury. From my list LMU-DCOM, BCOM and ICOM would be your choice only if you are not accepted to any of the other schools I listed. With a MCAT of 499 you may not have many options.
thanks for the help!

May 3, 2015
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
sorry to bother -- but I got official AACOMAS GPA's back today and Overall is 3.52 and Science is 3.31 (non-science 3.89) compared to the 3.62 overall and 3.23 science I initially expected and posted. This still wouldn't change anything right?

May 3, 2015
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
don't know if this changes anything but sGPA turned out to be 3.31!

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
  1. Attending Physician
sorry to bother -- but I got official AACOMAS GPA's back today and Overall is 3.52 and Science is 3.31 (non-science 3.89) compared to the 3.62 overall and 3.23 science I initially expected and posted. This still wouldn't change anything right?
No, my school list remains the same.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads