WAMC: 3.33sGPA 511 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bristent

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. 3.45 cGPA and 3.33 sGPA (during a science heavy semester, I had health issues and needed to take a medication that affected my cognitive abilities)
  2. MCAT 511 (130, 127, 127, 127)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): NJ
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: ORM
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: elite liberal arts
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): not sure I really have any. Will be volunteering at a local hospital over the next year
  7. Research experience and productivity: >1000hrs over 4 different projects. Posters and presentations for each including a regional conference. 3 summers, 1 winter break. Wasn’t sure what I was interested in. ~100hrs in computer modeling of flocking w/ regional conference presentation, ~365hrs of analytical biochemistry research w/ presentation to faculty and administrators + poster presentation, ~365hrs of breast cancer research in murine models w/ poster presentation, ~365hrs of bat echolocation research (I’m a neuro major so figured I should do neuro research at some point) w/ 3 poster presentation at 2 different colleges. No publications, but currently working on one which won’t be published for a bit of time.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ~100hrs between 4 different specialties: 12 w/ pediatric emergency care, 1/3rd of the remained in neurosurgery, 1/3rd in nephrology, 1/3rd in ortho
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Co-president of a special interest floor, co-founder and treasurer of a wellness organization on campus, treasurer of American Chemical Society school branch
  11. Relevant honors or awards: All the research I did was through different programs I was accepted into. Dean's List twice
Anything else not listed you think might be important: I will be doing what I believe is an SMP next year. Also, I've submitted all of my secondaries at this point, so I'm just trying to see where I'm at. Submitted primaries June 2nd. Secondaries all within 4-10 days. I understand I may not be getting in this cycle, but thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks!

School List:
· Albany Medical College

· Drexel

· Dartmouth

· Commonwealth

· GW

· Georgetown

· LKSOM

· Loyola

· Medical College of Wisconsin

· Penn State

· University of Vermont

· NJMS

· RWJ

· Hackensack Meridian (one of the faculty is a doctor I shadowed + one of my LoR)

· Brown (did research here)

· Tufts

· Tulane

· University of Colorado

· University of Minnesota

· VCU

· Wake Forest

· New York Medical College

Members don't see this ad.

Add Cooper Rowan to your application. Also apply to at least 8 DO schools if you are interested in matriculating for August 2019.

Thank you! I forgot to add that I'd prefer MD, so I'll apply DO next cycle if needed. Other than that, it looks fine?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dartmouth and Tulane are reaches with your GPA and Colorado, Minnesota accept very few non residents with your GPA and no connection to the state.

Understandable, my AMCAS GPA ended up being lower than what I originally thought, not by much, but by a reasonable amount. I threw them on my list cause I was in the bottom portion GPA-wise beforehand. Colorado, my parents were gonna move there, but have since not, but I also have family there on both sides. Minnesota, I have family friends there and like 4 people doing PhDs there so I figured why not try. Thank you again though!