WAMC: 3.4/505

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PepGuardiola

Reaction score
Could I apply DO this cycle? If so, would really appreciate suggestions @Goro @Faha ?
Stats: 505 MCAT, 3.4 gpa, 3.2 sgpa
Degree: BCMB w/ Leadership Studies minor
State of residence and undergrad: Tennessee
1. (ORM/URM?) ORM (Filipino)
2. (M/F?) Male
3. Educational Experiences? ~200 hours (tutoring BCPM to first generation college students); ~2 hours TA undergrad biology lab
4. Leadership Experience: President of Men's Soccer Club (3 years), Resident Assistant (3 years), practice squad player for women's ncaa top 10 soccer team (1.5 years)
4. Non-clinical volunteering experiences? >1000 non-clinical volunteer hours
5. Clinical Volunteering/Shadowing experiences? No shadowing but 300 hours of hospice, er, and pre-operative care unit volunteering
6. Research Experience? summer cancer research internship at Meharry
7. Interested in rural health care? Large, 7 year mission trip to grundy county (very low socioeconomic status county in US)
9. Family in Medicine? No

Edit: 200 hours of TA experience*

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are fine to apply in June and are competitive for most DO schools. I suggest these with your stats:
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
NYIT (both schools)
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
CUSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
WVSOM
Touro-NY
Also apply to your 2 state public MD schools.

You are fine to apply in June and are competitive for most DO schools. I suggest these with your stats:
AZCOM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
ACOM
NYIT (both schools)
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
CUSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
WVSOM
Touro-NY
Also apply to your 2 state public MD schools.
To this list, add NYITCOM.AR, VCOM (all except LA), MUCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you @Goro @Faha !

@Mr.Smile12 It is a culmination of hours and experiences
I have volunteered at Model UN for 4 years because I participated in high school and it was something i thoroughly enjoyed.
Volunteered at Room In The Inn (providing shelter and food for homeless at my church) for 4 years
Mission trip for 7 years
Habitat for Humanity for three years
Also tutored/took care of boys for a summer. It was a program specifically meant for inner city boys (improving their reading skills, communication/interpersonal skills, and teaching them how to swim)

I just mentioned the mission trip because it was most impactful, and I had the most hours
Edit: I was not specific enough when i wrote. I was not on a mission for 7 years total, i just had gone on a weeklong trip annually for seven years, my apologies.

Last edited: