WAMC 3.4 cGPA/3.2 sGPA and 512 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaverickSP

Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are competitive for all DO schools. You could receive MD interviews and I suggest these schools:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Hackensack
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Georgetown
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
California University
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. Do you think there's anything else I can do to strengthen my application?
You could do a DIY post bacc at a local college in the coming academic year and take undergraduate level science courses in order to increase your sGPA. A higher sGPA will increase your chances for interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You should shadow a primary care doctor.
Tutoring is separate category. You need nonclinical volunteering with face to face contact with those less fortunate than yourself.
Unless you increase your service hours to the unserved/underserved you should probably skip Rush. They expect, and get, hundreds if not thousands of service hours from their applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
I see. Will taking courses at a community college hold less merit compared to taking them at a 4-year institution? Also should I do the classes in-person or will doing them online be fine?
In person. Community college is fine for the schools you will be applying to.

Reactions: 1 user