WAMC (3.45 cGPA, 506 MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueScar

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA and sGPA: cGPA ~3.44, sGPA ~3.38 (post bacc 4.0 w/ 54 units)

MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 506 (126/124/127/129)

State of residence: TX
Ethnicity and/or race: Asia

I have 200 hours of clinical volunteering experience at a clinic for the homeless, almost 150 hours shadowing, and I work as a research assistant (600 plus hours).

WAMC for Texan Med schools, and national DO schools? I don't think I'm good enough for MD schools nationally.

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive interviews from your Texas MD schools but with your GPA and MCAT of 506 you should also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
TCOM
UIWSOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
AZCOM
VCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
MU-COM
CCOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
You should receive interviews from your Texas MD schools but with your GPA and MCAT of 506 you should also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
TCOM
UIWSOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
AZCOM
VCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
MU-COM
CCOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
Hi Fara, thank you for the reply. Do any of these schools require a DO letter, because I have never shadowed a DO physician.

You don't have any non-clinical volunteering?

You don't have any non-clinical volunteering?
I forgot to include about 250 hours of miscellaneous nonclinical: hurricane relief, retirement home, campus stuff ect. I'll figure out a way to organize that on my app

Reactions: 1 user
He
Hi Fara, thank you for the reply. Do any of these schools require a DO letter, because I have never shadowed a DO physician.
Sorry to bother you again Fara, but is this list of schools along with all the ones in Texas all I really need to apply to? Or do you have a longer list I should include? Thank you again

He
Sorry to bother you again Fara, but is this list of schools along with all the ones in Texas all I really need to apply to? Or do you have a longer list I should include? Thank you again
Yes, apply to all your Texas MD schools and the DO schools I listed.