WAMC 3.52/525

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProblemList

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I just got my MCAT scores and I am confused as to where to apply given my split stats. I worry I am not top 20 material given my GPA and extracurriculars not being mind-blowing. I also fear getting screened out from some schools because of the high MCAT. Not trying to sound whiny, but I honestly am perplexed as to what to do to maximize my chances without applying to 50+ schools. Thanks!
  • cGPA and sGPA: 3.52/3.57 - No strong trend.
  • MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 525 (131/132/131/131)
  • State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): CA.
  • Ethnicity and/or race: White
  • Undergraduate institution or category: CA state school
  • Degree: Biology
  • Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): ~200+ hours at a free clinic, 250+ hours as ER volunteer
  • Research experience and productivity: 5000+ hours, one mid-author publication. Most of the hours in industry so not much in the way of publications relative to hours.
  • Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ENT (50 hours), Cardiology (50 Hrs)
  • Non-clinical volunteering: None
  • Other extracurricular activities: TA for upper division bio class. Swim instructor. Volunteer national park docent.
  • Anything else not listed you think might be important: Married to an RN. I recently started ball room dancing!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
The UCs
USC Keck
Kaiser
California University
Boston University
Tufts
Dartmouth
Brown
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Georgetown
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
U Michigan
Ohio State
Case Western
Cincinnati
Washington University

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks you so much! What a gem. Have a Wonderful day.