WAMC 3.52/525

ProblemList

Jul 7, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    Thanks for your help. I just got my MCAT scores and I am confused as to where to apply given my split stats. I worry I am not top 20 material given my GPA and extracurriculars not being mind-blowing. I also fear getting screened out from some schools because of the high MCAT. Not trying to sound whiny, but I honestly am perplexed as to what to do to maximize my chances without applying to 50+ schools. Thanks!
    • cGPA and sGPA: 3.52/3.57 - No strong trend.
    • MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 525 (131/132/131/131)
    • State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): CA.
    • Ethnicity and/or race: White
    • Undergraduate institution or category: CA state school
    • Degree: Biology
    • Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): ~200+ hours at a free clinic, 250+ hours as ER volunteer
    • Research experience and productivity: 5000+ hours, one mid-author publication. Most of the hours in industry so not much in the way of publications relative to hours.
    • Shadowing experience and specialties represented: ENT (50 hours), Cardiology (50 Hrs)
    • Non-clinical volunteering: None
    • Other extracurricular activities: TA for upper division bio class. Swim instructor. Volunteer national park docent.
    • Anything else not listed you think might be important: Married to an RN. I recently started ball room dancing!

Faha

7+ Year Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    1. Attending Physician
      I suggest these schools with your stats:
      The UCs
      USC Keck
      Kaiser
      California University
      Boston University
      Tufts
      Dartmouth
      Brown
      Hofstra
      Einstein
      Mount Sinai
      Rochester
      Pittsburgh
      Jefferson
      Georgetown
      Miami
      Tulane
      St. Louis
      U Michigan
      Ohio State
      Case Western
      Cincinnati
      Washington University

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.