WAMC? 3.52c/509 URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnitedStates

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
WAMC?

1. cGPA: 3.52, sGPA: 3.56
  2. MCAT: 509 129/126/128/126
  3. NJ citizen
  4. URM (African-American male)
  5. Rutgers - New Brunswick student
  6. Clinical experience: 300 hours of experience at an EMT rescue squad and 50 hours of paid EMT work, EMT-B certification. I would have gained more experience if it wasn't for coronavirus
  7. Research: 150 hours in a wet lab, 200 hours of meta-analytic research in a hospital. 2 poster presentations and one pub in a medical school journal. Would have also been higher if it weren't for corona
  8. ~40 hours shadowing an anesthesiologist and ~40 hours shadowing a neurologist
  9. 400 hours of non-clinical volunteering at a school organization which I have obtained 3 leadership positions in, and 300 more hours of volunteering in student centers
  10. Paid experiences: I've been teaching biology for about 7 semesters which comes out to 400+ hours
  11. Dean's list for 2 semesters, and part of a successful leadership program
  12. 200 hours in student government

School list:

Rutgers RWJ and NJMS
Temple
Jefferson
Rosalind Franklin
UMich (dream school)
Einstein
Ohio State
MCW
Vermont
Penn State
EVMS
Michigan State
Morehouse
Meharry
Albany
NYMC
The 4 SUNYs

Members don't see this ad.

Consider adding these schools:
Howard
Rowan Cooper
Seton Hall
Hofstra
Drexel
George Washington
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Loyola
Oakland Beaumont

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any academic enrichment programs? Networking with diversity/student services administrators or student members of SNMA chapters?

I researched alongside the leader of the office of diversity at NJMS, and spoke to the dean and assistant dean of admissions. NJMS is my top choice, but I wouldn't mind going to a higher ranked school. Other than that I didn't do much networking

Reactions: 1 user