WAMC 3.7 cGPA 3.5 sGPA MD/ DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A P

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Plan to take 2 gap years after I graduate this May. Not applying this June, but June 2021. Mainly looking for advice as to what I can do to improve my application during my time after graduation. Would love to get into an MD program, but do plan to apply DO as well.
Have applied to a few biotech companies for work after graduation, but I am open to possibly pursuing MS/ research to improve my app.
cGPA and sGPA - Molecular Biology
3.7/3.5 (upward trend, stumbled in O Chem 2 with a C)
MCAT score(s) and breakdown
No MCAT yet but 506 on first FL after content review, still have a few months before test date of ~25-30 hr/week studying (shooting for 512)
State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
WI
Ethnicity and/or race
ORM (white) male
Undergraduate institution or category
Small-midsize state school (pretty unknown)
Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
400 hours CNA
600 hours direct support professional (CNA-like work in group home for men with autism/ down syndrome)
Research experience and productivity
1.5 years research in protein modeling (no pub, probably poster)
Shadowing experience and specialties represented
30 hours shadowing family physician
Non-clinical volunteering
250 hours community volunteering with Student-Athlete club
Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
5 years D2 athletics
5 years team rep for Student-Athlete Advisory Council
2 years Science & Eng Student Senate Rep

Anything else not listed you think might be important

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone will tell you come back when you've take the MCAT. In the meantime, spend all your time studying for that instead of on SDN ;) (coming from someone who regrets wasting time on SDN when I should've been finishing secondaries sooner)

Reactions: 1 user