WAMC 3.71 cGPA, 3.67 sGPA, upward trend and great ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sassybunbun

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. 3.71 cGPA and 3.67 sGPA with 4.0’s last two years of undergrad. Pending calculations by AMCAS
  2. 513 MCAT score (130/126/129/128)
  3. State of residence: California
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: White/25% Venezuelan; grew up in medically underserved and rural area.
  5. Undergraduate institution: Top 50; degree in biochemistry
  6. Clinical experience: 2700 hours of clinical research with presentation at convention center and award for best scientific presentation; medical volunteer for legally blind — 100 hours.
  7. Research experience: 3000+ hours of research on medical artificial intelligence with international fellowship. Diagnosed over 75K retinal scans/images and helped run machine learning models. I was a key player on the “leaders team” and acted as a liaison between physicians and programmers.
  8. 7 publications: 1 in Cell, 1 in Nature, the rest are 1st-3rd author in low-tier journals.
  9. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 280 hours including plastic reconstructive surgery and neurosurgery
  10. Non-clinical volunteering: 1500 hours as unofficial guardian for international high school student; 200 hours as a mentor for foster youth mentor program; 400 hours as a mentor and caretaker for special needs man.
  11. Other extracurricular activities: Cofounder and CEO of nonprofit that raised over 50k for cancer research.
  12. Relevant honors or awards: Tiffany Award for best scientific presentation.
  13. Hobbies: 8 years of motorcycle riding, 11 years of theater, interests in Japanese and machine learning.

Schools:
Please correct me if my ranking is wrong. I have interests in Chicago, Florida, Boston, and Colorado (since I have family members here)

* **In state:** Stanford, UCSF, UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCI, UCR, Kaiser, Keck

* **Top:**

* Harvard (10% percentile in only MCAT) (unlikely)

* Yale (10% percentile only GPA) (unlikely)

* Michigan, Duke, Mayo, Pitt, Cornell, UChicago (at least 10% in both MCAT and GPA)

* **Mid-Top:** Emory, Brown, Sinai, Case Western, BU

* **Mid:** U Massachusetts, Vermont, Tufts, Rochester, U Wisconsin, U Maryland, U Colorado, Dartmouth, Stony Brook, Miami, Loyola, Rosalind Franklin, Jefferson, Georgetown, George Wash, Albany, Einstein, Tulane, Oregan Health and Sciences, Nova, U Minnesota, Virginia Tech

Members don't see this ad.

For instate add California University. For OOS schools I suggest these:
Boston University
Tufts
UMass
Brown
Dartmouth
Vermont
Miami
South Florida
NOVA MD
Loyola