~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4lphabet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks! ~

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UC Davis admitted only one non resident last year and Rutgers only one international . You could add Wayne State, Tulane, St. Louis, Jefferson, Georgetown, Medical College Wisconsin, Virginia Commonwealth.

Reactions: 1 user
Self:
UG GPA: 3.80; cGPA: 3.83 @ T10 LAC
PhD GPA: 4.00/4.00 @ T10
MCAT: 521 (131/129/130/131)
Demo: ORM, Canadian F-1
SES: Low + Disadvantaged

Clinical:
250h hospital musician volunteer over 3y
200h shadowing over 4y across ~5 clinicians
~50h clinical research

Research:
PhD (hence nontrad) - Bioinformatics & Clinical AI
Lots of talks/posters
~6 papers (3 first auth, but it's quicker turnaround for bioinfo)

Non-clinical volunteering:
20h from leadership position in int'l outreach club
50h from student gov't
Used to tutor a lot in UG (~200h+)

Miscel:
Mentored numerous UG, MS & new PhD students
TA'd two classes
Pianist/musician

Schools:
Reach: Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Duke, Case, JHU, U Toronto, Northwestern, UPenn, Pritzger, Vanderbilt, WUSTL, Cornell
High: Mayo, Boston, Emory, Dartmouth, ICahn, Keck, Pitt
Mid: Stony Brook, Rutgers, Tufts, UCDavis, UCLA, UColorado, UMD, VCU
Low: Queen's University (Canada)

Thoughts:
I'm doing the MD/PhD the long (wrong) way. List is curated from MSAR, but for some places idk if they've matriculated any canadians recently. Other top priority is availability of MD/PhD mentors in my research area (microbiome informatics) - currently making a list but so far they're all from T5 places. Would appreciate any advice on this list; thanks!
Remove: Keck, Tufts, UCDavis, and Rutgers. They only accept Canadians' secondary fee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate the heads up! Disappointing to hear abt Rutgers & Davis. They were pretty high on my list.

Appreciate the heads up! Disappointing to hear abt Rutgers & Davis. They were pretty high on my list.
UCDavis technically accepts the occasional international/Canadian if they have strong ties to the school/state/area... this is from what I've seen on SDN/their website. You could try emailing them and asking too.

Also: why not Mac, Western or other Canadian MDs outside of Ontario? With your MCAT (especially CARS) you might have a real shot at some schools.

Davis was on my list for research collaborators, but it won't hurt to shoot them an email. My Canadian list is based on where my family is so it's pared down a bit more, but I'll look into some of the other Canadian MDs as well.