MD WAMC - 3.82 GPA, 507 MCAT, Black Male

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigdawg45

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Race: Black (Male)

GPA: 3.82

MCAT: 507 (125/124/128/130), I want to retake bc I believe I can score 510-512 - not sure if I should, however

State: PA

Undergrad: Mid-size private university in PA

Major: Neuroscience (Minor in Economics)

Research Experience: ~200 hours, was awarded a couple of small grants, otherwise - no notable accomplishments. Will do more work my senior year

Clinical Experience: 1500 hours as scribe in ER

Shadowing Experience: None

Clinical Volunteering: None

Paid Work: Over 3 years of working full-time taking care of people with mental disabilities like autism and Down's syndrome

Non-Clinical Volunteering: 200+ hours working with felons re-entering society. Help them find jobs, housing, and serve as a mentor

EC: Board member of support organization for first-gen students. Helped with some of the pioneering work. ~80 hours

Also, the director of my pre-health organization says my personal statement is one of the best she has ever read.

I have a 4 y/o daughter and have gone through undergrad working full time. I certainly have traveled a great distance to be here.

My dream school has always been Pitt because of my strong ties to the area. I always thought I'd have the stats to apply there, but here I am with a 507 MCAT.

What schools should I be looking at? Also, do I have any chances at Pitt as a reach school?

Thank You!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Commonwealth-Geisinger
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Howard
Meharry