WAMC: 3.87 GPA, 514 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monsterdonuts

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am applying to this ongoing cycle to hopefully matriculate next fall (2022). I am a rising senior in college majoring in Biology with minors in Business Administration and Chemistry. I would appreciate any application insight/advice as well as school recommendations anyone has to offer!

1. GPA of 3.87
2. MCAT of 514 (127/131/127/129)
3. State of Residence: North Carolina
4. Ethnicity/Race: Asian Indian
5. Undergraduate Institution: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
6. Clinical Experience: approx. 600 hours as a volunteer EMT
7. Research Experience: approx. 800 hours in a cell cycle lab; however, no publications
8. Shadowing Experience: Very limited due to lack of opportunity during pandemic, approx. 30 hours of shadowing in Primary Care, Physiatry with more on the way
9. Non-Clinical Volunteering: Approx. 125 hours as an English Tutor, approx. 200 hours volunteering with food insecurity/distribution organizations, 25 hours as a COVID testing volunteer
10. Other extracurricular activities: paid work in financial services, advanced open water scuba diver, club badminton
11. Other Honors/Awards: Buckley Public Service Scholar, Carolina Research Scholar, MacDonald Fellow

As of now, my school list includes UNC Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, ECU, Duke, Dartmouth, Brown, Emory, UCLA. I understand that some of those are more of a reach than others. I am aiming for at least 15 schools, so any recommendations would be super appreciated!

Thanks so much :)

Members don't see this ad.

You could add any of these schools to your application:
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Hofstra