WAMC 3.89 and 514

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

King117

Reaction score
Hello, just got my MCAT score and I am currently applying this cycle. Would love feedback on my list and if there are any schools I should add or take off.

Also considering DO but have no started that application. So I would appreciate any thoughts on that as well.

Thank you

· Year in school: Graduated from Top-20 undergrad (taking a gap year)

· Country/state of residence: New York, USA

· Cumulative GPA: 3.89

· Science GPA: 3.88

· MCAT Scores: 514 (129, 128, 130, 127)

· Research: Spent three summers helping clinical research trials regarding vaccines and vaccine compliance within the infectious diseases department in a hospital (1000 hours)

· Volunteering (clinical) – Various hospital volunteer positions where I planned events, played with and tutored patients (200) hours

· Physician shadowing: Pediatrics, 100 hours, Dermatology, 8 hours, Ophthalmology, 8 hours, Internal Medicine, 8 hours

· Non-clinical volunteering: Delivered food to poor families (70 hours). Part of philanthropy committee and planned service events(60 hours). Volunteered at local senior center (50 hours).

Volunteered at various service trips with school organizations (60 hours)

· Extracurricular activities: Founded a fraternity at my undergrad and held various leaderships positions with in. Leadership within my religious club at school. Consultant and analyst for several start-ups through a college club.

· Employment history: Currently working as a medical scribe during my gap year for a pulmonologist and oncologist

· Academic Honors: Phi Eta Sigma, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Omicron Epsilon Delta Honor Society and the Dean’s list for 5 semesters

· Immediate family members in medicine? Have many uncles and cousins who are doctors

· Specialty of interest: Pediatrics, Cardiology, Pulmonology

· Interest in rural health (y/n): No

· Schools to which you are applying:

◦ SUNY Downstate:

◦ SUNY Stony Brook:

◦ NYU

◦ Einstein

◦ Hofstra:

◦ Emory

◦ NYMC

◦ Mount Sinai

◦ Cornell