WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seikuken

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your list is not too top heavy. Assuming you are a Nevada resident you should receive 2 II from your state schools. The interview season extend until February and March.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It is definitely too early to be worried, especially as you were complete at all schools on 8/7! I have a similarish app as yours (higher MCAT, not disadvantaged) and have recieved 4 IIs. However, I was complete at all these schools in early July (~7/10). I have not heard back from schools in which I was complete mid-July or later – even though the majority of these schools have begun sending out IIs.

Even though applications may not be looked at in a strict chronological order, I do think they are roughly looked at chronologically and the stack of applications takes awhile to wade through. Many of the schools on your list that have only sent out their first round of IIs (e.g. Cornell, Columbia, NYU, Yale, BU, Dartmouth, Sinai, Johns Hopkins, etc.), and it seems that the majority of people in these first round of II were complete almost a month earlier than you were. Other schools have not begun sending out IIs yet (e.g. Harvard, Penn, UCLA, Emory). Some others like Pittsburgh have been trickling IIs since early July, so hopefully you hear from them soon! Otherwise for sanity's sake, I think it's best to try to stay away from SDN :)

Edited info to include residency and undergrad.

Your list is not too top heavy. Assuming you are a Nevada resident you should receive 2 II from your state schools. The interview season extend until February and March.

@Faha You think I have a shot at schools besides my state schools? Or are schools like top 20 reaches?

@Faha You think I have a shot at schools besides my state schools? Or are schools like top 20 reaches?
You should receive interviews at the other schools on your list, including top 20 schools. It is not possible to predict for any one school though.