WAMC: 3.95 & 523 + School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woohoo007

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Remove Temple and Drexel as they will practice resource stewardship and use the limited interview slots on applicants more likely to attend.

Apply to the following to get to the 25 you desired:
WUSTL
Rochester
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Mayo
Stony Brook
USF
Hofstra
Saint Louis
Iowa

Continue to gain clinical experience and non-clinical volunteering hours. It would be advisable to start another activity in addition to the soup kitchen such as at a shelter, Habitat for Humanity, etc. You mentioned you were part of a large on-campus volunteering group. What was your role with that? Were there many community service projects?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
you're a perfect fit for stanford, surprised it's not on your list. you should go for research heavy schools (Wash U, Stanford, Cornell, Vandy, Yale) and avoid schools with a social justice mission (Pritzker, Brown, UCSF, UCLA, etc.) although a lot of the latter are UCs so keep the in-state schools on, just keep their missions in mind.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for the responses everyone!
What type of mission fit are you looking for?
you're a perfect fit for stanford, surprised it's not on your list. you should go for research heavy schools (Wash U, Stanford, Cornell, Vandy, Yale) and avoid schools with a social justice mission (Pritzker, Brown, UCSF, UCLA, etc.) although a lot of the latter are UCs so keep the in-state schools on, just keep their missions in mind.
I'm actually split between research because I really enjoy the process and improving healthcare access for many people because it's something I've always been passionate about. I guess the indecisiveness doesn't really help with anything, but it's good to know that my application is geared for research heaviness. Thank you for the feedback.

Remove Temple and Drexel as they will practice resource stewardship and use the limited interview slots on applicants more likely to attend.

Apply to the following to get to the 25 you desired:
WUSTL
Rochester
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Mayo
Stony Brook
USF
Hofstra
Saint Louis
Iowa

Continue to gain clinical experience and non-clinical volunteering hours. It would be advisable to start another activity in addition to the soup kitchen such as at a shelter, Habitat for Humanity, etc. You mentioned you were part of a large on-campus volunteering group. What was your role with that? Were there many community service projects?

Thank you so much for the schools! I will definitely look at other activities.
I was the president of the campus group and I was responsible for the operational and external aspects of the organization. We partner with a pretty large number of NPOs/government agencies to provide clinical community service projects geared towards people who have limited healthcare access. I think I was responsible for directly organizing 50 or so events and indirectly maybe a hundred more? Im not too sure since I didn't explicitly count but I am incredibly passionate about the work we did and the specific mission of the group if that's any indicator for anything.

Well certainly the UC schools will probably be very interested so recheck their geographical missions against what your interests are. Do some networking with the schools on your list to see if you can find some more specific insights that will help you balance your interests in research and community service. Make the schools want you.

Reactions: 1 user