MD WAMC 3.99 cGPA, 3.99 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedIsCool314

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to your state public schools. You can apply to any top schools but I suggest including these schools in your application along with any other schools that appeal to your
Washington University
Case Western
Pittsburgh
Rochester
Mount Sinai
NYU

Reactions: 1 user
You’ll definitely receive love from the more stat driven schools (Washu, NYU, UChicago etc.)

Well, I think you know the answer to this question. You have amazing stats and seemingly fantastic EC’s. As long as you interview well and find your story, you will get love at T10 schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand your post, if you are that smart, you should already know where to apply, and not ask for consensus in sdn
Just saying......

I don't understand your post, if you are that smart, you should already know where to apply, and not ask for consensus in sdn
Just saying......
I'm sorry. I've just been extra paranoid lately. I know a lot of people with better stats and ECs from my same school

REFORMAT YOUR INFORMATION:

You leave out a lot of detail which is critical for any comprehensive feedback.

Everyone's chances at top-10, top-20 schools is about as good as winning a lottery. You clearly have the numbers, so then it will be the purely subjective areas that will determine success or not. And I really mean subjective... if everyone is better than above average in the applicant pool, it often is something totally minor on your part or something amazing on others' that will determine if you get through.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I've just been extra paranoid lately. I know a lot of people with better stats and ECs from my same school

I'm sorry, what school do you go to that you know many people who have better than a 3.99 GPA and a 526 MCAT?

Is it hogwarts?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
HI,

Im a 20 year old south asian male coming from a large public research university studying mathematics and neuroscience. I have gotten pretty much all As, except for 1 A-. Have a bit over 200 clinical volunteering hours. 100 non-clinical. Will get more volunteer hours (500) over the next year. 110 shadowing hours.
4000+ hours of research, with 1 publication in review (4th author), one publication in early stages, 3 posters presentations in basic science research.
I also have healthcare research where I designed an ideal state for my local hospital for a problem they were having which will be implemented.
President of two well regarding university organizations. Both are service orientated.
Ochem TA, RA.
Multiple awards for leadership, enhancing diversity, and service from my university and state.
Have rec letter writes that know me well and I trust will write decent if not great rec letters.
WAMC at top 10 medical schools.

Thank you!
Holy ****. Be my doctor

Your youth might raise a few questions, but not more than a few, about your maturity. If your stellar MCAT will not expire, I'd consider taking a gap year. If it will expire, keep going with your current plan and make sure to get another 100+ hours of nonclinical volunteering. After you do that, you're golden.

Reactions: 1 users
Your youth might raise a few questions, but not more than a few, about your maturity. If your stellar MCAT will not expire, I'd consider taking a gap year. If it will expire, keep going with your current plan and make sure to get another 100+ hours of nonclinical volunteering. After you do that, you're golden.

Hi, I'm a bit confused with MCAT expiration terminology. Does a 2 year expiration mean that the date I took the MCAT have to be within two years of the end of the cycle or the beginning of the cycle?