- Aug 1, 2022
- Reaction score
Hi! I know this sounds dumb, but I am only applying to the University of Oklahoma this cycle. I have a scholarship from them that pays for 2.5 years of my tuition. If I get rejected this cycle, I will apply again (because I will still have my scholarship) and apply to other schools as well, but for now it's just the University of Oklahoma because it is significantly cheaper.
- GPA: 4.0
- MCAT: 502 125/124/127/126
- State of residency: Oklahoma
- Ethnicity/race: Black
- Undergraduate institution: University of Oklahoma
- Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): I have about 250 hours of clinical experience and hope to get at least 50 more hours by next year.
- Research experience and productivity: I have been involved with four research labs. I started research when I was in high school. I have presented a poster, done a competition (won second place), and have an abstract publication. I have about 900 hours in total.
- Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 90 hours 40 with family physician, 30 with OBGYN, and 20 with Orthopedic surgeon
- Non-clinical volunteering: I have about 400 hours. I volunteer as a tutor, on a farm, and with an organization that helps provide medical equipment to hospitals in Ghana (my parents country of origin).
- Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Am treasurer for the University of Oklahoma's Integrity Council (they handle academic misconduct), am a Peer Educator (similar to teaching assistant), I am also Speakers Chair for a conference that helps educate high school students about the medical field held by the University of Oklahoma, I was a Student Government Rep (only or a semester though), and I am currently a tutor (middle and high school students)
- Relevant honors or awards: 2nd place at a symposium where I presented my poster
- Anything else not listed you think might be important: Lived in Oklahoma my entire life.