WAMC: 4.0 GPA/513 MCAT, Entreprenuership-focused, School List Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I need help making my school list. I'm not really sure what is considered an X-factor anymore and what is not.

GPA: 4.0 MCAT: 513
TX, ORM

ECs:
Founded and sold an e-commerce business- annual revenue was ~$220,000
Founded a startup- building accessible technologies for seniors, currently pursuing grants
Founded and currently running a website- puts medically-related research papers into plain-language; ~80,000 unique visitors
Research- 500+ hours, paper (a review) under review for publication
(also a research internship this summer- ~300 hours)
Hospice volunteer (clinical volunteering)- ~200 hours over 2 years
Food pantry, and other volunteering (non-clinical volunteering)- ~180 hours
Shadowing- ~80 hours, multiple specialties
Premed organization (member)- ~200 hours

My personal statement is focused on innovation/entrepreneurship within healthcare. How high or low should I aim? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If your tech background is in a hard science like physics, computers, any engineering branch, etc, the adcom at Carle in Champaign-Urbana may be interested in you. They seem to be trying to be a front runner in the high tech biomedical/engineering arena. They don’t seem to be recruiting folks who are looking for a “traditional “ practice of medicine. If that is you, they are worth a look. However, being part of the U of Ill their tuition may be astronomical for OOS. Need to check that by all means.