WAMC (4.0 sGPA, 4.0 cGPA, 514 MCAT) + School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

memmed901

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. 4.0 cGPA and 4.0 sGPA
  2. 514 (129/126/127/132)
  3. TN
  4. Asian
  5. State school in TN
  6. Clinical experience: 250 hours at an outpatient cancer hospital
  7. Research: 450 hours of research in public health with two different PIs - first PI: one poster (150 hours); current PI- projects related to substance abuse: potentially 2 publications as a middle author that will likely come later this year (will be working full-time after I graduate this month, projected 2000 hours by matriculation)
  8. Shadowing: 50 across general pediatrics, nephrology, and cardiology
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 250 hours organizing and working on various projects (feeding the homeless including helping run a soup kitchen, mobile food pantries, book drives for children’s hospital)
  10. Other extracurricular activities: Executive board of a non-profit responsible for providing service to underprivileged communities (2.5 years, 300 hours), ACT/writing tutor for high school students (100 hours), treasurer of a student organization (1.5 years), an internship working with individuals affected by opioid abuse (30 hours), manager of a rec basketball league (2 years), looking to scribe during my gap year but options might be limited due to COVID
  11. Received a pre-med scholarship during my sophomore year, awards for highest academic achievement in my major and the College of Arts and Sciences
School List:

University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Saint Louis University
East Tennessee State University
Meharry Medical College
Emory
TCU & UNTHSC
Wake Forest
Rutgers, Piscataway
Rosalind Franklin
University of Miami
University of Illinois
Tufts
Michigan State
Loyola
Tulane
Virginia Tech
University of Connecticut
Sidney Kimmel
Drexel University
Quinnipiac
Wayne State University
New York Medical College
Hackensack

Members don't see this ad.

Remove, Rutgers and UConn since they accept few non residents with no connection to the state. You could add any of these schools:
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
Temple
Creighton
Hofstra
Einstein

Remove, Rutgers and UConn since they accept few non residents with no connection to the state. You could add any of these schools:
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
Temple
Creighton
Hofstra
Einstein
I lived in New Jersey, around the Piscataway area, for a year so I have some ties to the state. Would you say it's worth applying there then or if that's still not good enough? Thanks for your suggestions on other schools.

I lived in New Jersey, around the Piscataway area, for a year so I have some ties to the state. Would you say it's worth applying there then or if that's still not good enough? Thanks for your suggestions on other schools.
No, living there for one year is not a tie to the state for the purpose of medical school admissions.