WAMC: 507 mcat, 3.59 cGPA, 3.44 sGPA ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rma035

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im looking to apply smartly to some MD's and majority DO, WAMC?
  1. cGPA: 3.59 and sGPA: 3.44
  2. MCAT: 507 (126,125,126,130)
  3. State of residence: MD
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: White, Middle Eastern
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: General Biology at University of Maryland.
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): extensive clinical work as an ER Scribe (+2500 hours), COVID test kit maker (100+hours), COVID vaccination clinic volunteer (20+ hours), COVID Contact tracing certification. Pregnancy aid clinic volunteer in underserved community
  7. Research experience: (4,000 hours as an OBGYN research associate for two studies, collecting human specimens and consenting patients directly)
  8. Non-clinical volunteering: Resident Assistant (RA) for 2 years. Food Bank volunteer (50+ hours), Biology TA for 6 semesters teaching students.
  9. Publication: one published Literature Review paper, 3rd author, this happened as I was entering college so it was 4 years ago
  10. Anything else not listed you think might be important:
    1. started my own successful fashion business at 17 and still going
    2. parents are immigrants, i am "English as a second language"
    3. significant story being stuck in war when i was a child, talk about it in my personal statement

Any help with my school list would be appreciated and any tips overall for my app!
I've considered retaking my MCAT but i am perfectly happy going the DO route and i do not believe i could improve significantly on my mcat without postponing my application

EVMS
my state school
NOVA MD
NYMC
Quinnipiac
Oakland B
Wayne State
Medical College of Wisconsin
Loyola
Temple
Rosalind Franklin
VCU
Rush
Toledo

am i missing any MD schools?

Members don't see this ad.

@Goro @Faha i always appreciated your input on other's posts so any thoughts you have here i'd be grateful for.

Hi everyone, im looking to apply smartly to some MD's and majority DO, WAMC?
I suggest the following, but use MSAR Online and rule out those schools where your GPAs are < their 10th %iles.

U VM (maybe)
TCU/UNT
Miami
NYMC
Gtown (maybe)
Rush
Albany
Drexel (maybe)
Temple
Tulane
Wayne State
Netter
SLU
VCU
EVMS
Hackensack Meridian
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
WVU
U MD

Any DO program. Include UNECOM. I can't recommend ARCOM, RVU, Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest the following, but use MSAR Online and rule out those schools where your GPAs are < their 10th %iles.

U VM (maybe)
TCU/UNT
Miami
NYMC
Gtown (maybe)
Rush
Albany
Drexel (maybe)
Temple
Tulane
Wayne State
Netter
SLU
VCU
EVMS
Hackensack Meridian
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
MCW
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
WVU
U MD

Any DO program. Include UNECOM. I can't recommend ARCOM, RVU, Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. Avoid those new schools that haven't graduated a class yet, if at all possible.

Thank you! Would i be in good shape for PCOM or DMUCOM those are my top choice DO. And also if you don't mind me asking - why not RVU? i was born in Colorado so I was thinking I would apply there for the location

Thank you! Would i be in good shape for PCOM or DMUCOM those are my top choice DO. And also if you don't mind me asking - why not RVU? i was born in Colorado so I was thinking I would apply there for the location
You're fine for any DO school, including mine!

As for RVU: I find for profit schools to be distasteful to medical education, but this is outright disgusting behavior: