MD & DO WAMC (509/3.956/MD&DO/FL ORM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgb123

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if I should be panicking yet or not. I'm a senior in undergrad applying this cycle. I applied pretty late due to taking my MCAT in July because of work obligations, so my primary wasn't submitted until early September. My application was verified in 2 days, and so I got my secondaries pretty quickly and most of them were in by the end of September. I applied to 23 MD schools, and I'm still adding a few now since I'm done with most of my secondaries. I'm also wrapping up my DO application and plan to submit that primary next week. I'll probably end up applying to at least 10 DO schools. I haven't heard back from any schools yet, no Rs or II yet. What are my chances of getting in this cycle and does anyone have any success stories after being in a similar situation?

Stats:

cGPA: 3.956

sGPA: 3.97

MCAT: 509 (129 CARS)

Casper: 75-100th Percentile

Ethnicity: ORM

Clinical hours: Around 700 and counting (I'm currently working as a certified medical assistant)

Volunteering: 750 and counting (various charity work and homeless shelter work)

Research: Around 600 hours (but no pubs)

LORs: All strong in my opinion: 1 joint letter from my 2 honors medical program advisors (I'm in a specialized pre-professional honors program at my school), 1 from my research professor, 1 from the doctor I'm currently working for, and 3 from professors who've all loved me. (6 total letters)

Best of luck to all of you! Thanks in advance for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

The end of September was last week. Don’t worry until Thanksgiving . If you don’t have at least one interview start making plans to buff up your application so you can be ready to reapply if necessary. But remember, you can get an interview anytime between now through March. Find a good book to read. You’ll be fine.

Yeah it is too early to expect IIs when you just submitted a couple of weeks ago.

Not ideal to apply so late, but it's also too early to be worried. Finish your DO application, and then start coming up with a plan B in case you don't get in this year, as everyone should just in case.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, just wondering if I should be panicking yet or not. I'm a senior in undergrad applying this cycle. I applied pretty late due to taking my MCAT in July because of work obligations, so my primary wasn't submitted until early September. My application was verified in 2 days, and so I got my secondaries pretty quickly and most of them were in by the end of September. I applied to 23 MD schools, and I'm still adding a few now since I'm done with most of my secondaries. I'm also wrapping up my DO application and plan to submit that primary next week. I'll probably end up applying to at least 10 DO schools. I haven't heard back from any schools yet, no Rs or II yet. What are my chances of getting in this cycle and does anyone have any success stories after being in a similar situation?

Stats:

cGPA: 3.956

sGPA: 3.97

MCAT: 509 (129 CARS)

Casper: 75-100th Percentile

Ethnicity: ORM

Clinical hours: Around 700 and counting (I'm currently working as a certified medical assistant)

Volunteering: 750 and counting (various charity work and homeless shelter work)

Research: Around 600 hours (but no pubs)

LORs: All strong in my opinion: 1 joint letter from my 2 honors medical program advisors (I'm in a specialized pre-professional honors program at my school), 1 from my research professor, 1 from the doctor I'm currently working for, and 3 from professors who've all loved me. (6 total letters)

Best of luck to all of you! Thanks in advance for your input!
Chances for MD IIs will be best with your FL schools.
Chances for getting accepted will be 100% on you.