MD WAMC 511 (128,125,128,130) sGPA 3.87 cGPA: 3.82 Biomedical Engineering Major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brobribruh

Reaction score
I am a Wisconsin and Texas Resident. Have 1000+ of Research and EMT hours with 1 publication, interned with Medtronic, member of Wisconsin Alumni student board, volunteer lacking around 200 hours. Service includes and engineering service project where we built a portable commode for an amputee and MRSA survivor. Have other biomedical engineering projects as well.

Applying to:
University of Wisconsin- SMPH
Medical College of Wisconsin
Rush College of Medicine
Loyola Strich
Georgetown
George Washington (Dream School)
Tulane
Albert Einstien
University of Texas- Austin Dell
Texas A&M
Mcgovern Med at UT-Houston
Emory
Kaiser Permanente

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have any physician shadowing hours or clinical volunteering hours with patient contact ? Will you be claiming Wisconsin or Texas residency on your application (you can only be a resident of one state on your application) ?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have heard that you can be resident for both? My mom lives in Texas and my Father lives in Wisconsin.

So I have heard that you can be resident for both? My mom lives in Texas and my Father lives in Wisconsin.
But you can only be a resident of one state. Doesn't matter where your mama or papa live. The undergraduate school you are applying from will determine your residency. Don't try to play that game.
Your list of schools are impressive as well as your resume. I would apply to some schools that you may not like but will get in. Lets be realistic. Medical school are the same. You can always do rotations outside your institution such as those that you may want to specialize. Learning the ABC's of medicine is the same wherever you go. Its the residency that is important. Many ppl have the same background as yours. What sets you apart is important. For example, I have done 2 years of the Peace Corp. Done 100 hours of volunteer. Published 3 research paper in neuroscience. I didn't do it to set myself apart but I wanted a break from school and clear my mind. It was during my time in the Peace Corp that turned me to medicine. Not the other way around. Hope that helps.