WAMC? (511, 3.80 cGPA, 3.66 sGPA) + school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrpremed37

Reaction score
edited for privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Overall solid application but much of your clinical and non-clinical volunteering is going to be coming from projected hours - this may be a limiting factor. Your research experience is exceptional. Stats are solid.

From your list, UConn, Buffalo, Maryland are likely low yield as you're OOS and not from the region.

Look into: MCW, SLU.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, your future hours for clinical and non-clinical community service are not going to help you. The large number of research hours will make me ask: why are you not going for a Ph.D.?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, your future hours for clinical and non-clinical community service are not going to help you. The large number of research hours will make me ask: why are you not going for a Ph.D.?
Just a student here, but I don't think having a large amount of research hours necessarily is a bad thing and makes it seem like you don't want to pursue medicine. I think it is fine as long as you also have good clinical and volunteering hours!

You have several state public schools on your list that accept few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. There are other schools on your list that are unrealistic with your stats and low clinical and non clinical volunteering hours. I suggest these schools:
Iowa
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
You are competitive for all DO schools so apply to at least 5.

Just a student here, but I don't think having a large amount of research hours necessarily is a bad thing and makes it seem like you don't want to pursue medicine. I think it is fine as long as you also have good clinical and volunteering hours!
Sure but some faculty will still ask where the hours are reflects one's passions or priorities.