MD & DO WAMC 513 MCAT 3.55 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted843384

Hello! Thanks to the good advice here I cut down my list significantly but I feel like it is too reach-heavy currently. I'm looking to have it down to schools that are in my range, schools that like higher MCAT over GPA, and schools that like to work with under-served populations as that's a large component of my application.

Stats:
cGPA; 3.55
sGPA: 3.38
MCAT: 506 to 513 (126, 130, 126, 131)

My strongest points of my application are my dedication to under-served populations (clinically and non-clinically) with maybe 1,500 hours. I also have about 6 years research experience in a few different labs and a pending publication. Okay leadership, nothing special. I have about ~150 hours shadowing both MD and DO (~100 MD). I've been told by advisers that my extracurricular are strong.

MD resident

MD Schools

Albany
Tulane
Loyola
Quinnipiac
Western Michigan
Wright state
NYMC
Wayne State
Medical college wisconsin
Tufts
Eastern virginia
Nova MD
Florida International
GEisinger commonwealth
Rutgers robert woods
Marshall (I did a year-long service project based on this area (not in) and a week-long service trip- not sure if that counts as ties)
Virginia Tech
Vermont
Drexel
GW
Creighton
Penn State
Temple
UMD
Wake Forest
Miami
Suny Downstate
Rosalind Franklin
Indiana
Seton Hall
Cal. Univ Science and Medicine
TCU-UNTHSC
Kaiser?

DO Schools

A.T. Still University, with a Kirksville-local
AT SOMA
AZCOM
Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences-own hospital
Midwestern University, with campuses in Chicago
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
Western University of Health Sciences

I appreciate any input or any new schools you think need to be on my list. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for all DO schools. Wright State, Florida International, Rutgers, SUNY Downstate, Indiana, Virginia Tech accept few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state or region. you could add these schools:
West Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
Jefferson

What's your grade trend like? If upward, chances are better.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are competitive for all DO schools. Wright State, Florida International, Rutgers, SUNY Downstate, Indiana, Virginia Tech accept few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state or region. you could add these schools:
West Virginia
Oakland Beaumont
Jefferson

Thank you! Any reason for those three? I looked at them and their stats seemed a bit high for me.

Thank you! Any reason for those three? I looked at them and their stats seemed a bit high for me.
West Virginia gives preference to OOS applicants from nearby states. Jefferson's 10th percentile for MCAT is 509 and for Oakland Beaumont it is 505.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user