WAMC 514 3.82

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docstar01

Reaction score
cgpa: 3.82. Sgpa 3.80 mcat 514

Shadow: 40 hrs rural fam med, 18 hours neurosurgery, 18 hours cardiology.

Leadership: 1 year student senator, was able to make 2 major changes (1 related to student health)

Volunteer in ED: 90 hours (ongoing)
Volunteer scribe for free clinic: 20 hours (ongoing)
Volunteer for homeless shelter: 20 hours (ongoing)
Volunteer search and rescue member: 25 hours so far (ongoing just started)

Jobs:
3months 20hrs/week helped extract data for a public health research organization (will have publication)

2months (ongoing 25hrs/week) help day to day duties of clinical research department at the hospital, get clinical exposure too.

Research: (3months 6hrs/week ongoing)

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence ? Are you applying next year ?

State of residency is WA. I will be applying to an early program these next few days which doesn’t favor In states vs out of state as much (not Amcas application, I know it’s really late in the current cycle). Other than that one early program I will apply possibly in the cycle after the next one, by which time I will have more hours and more accomplishments for each experience (like leadership role, publication, and a volunteer EMT position once I pass my basic search and rescue program that I just started).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You are applying early decision? Are you aware of how late you are? Have you spoken directly with the school? Have they given you the green light to apply? Schools have already started sending out early decision acceptances. You are about 2 weeks away from their deadline to make their decision (Oct 1).

It’s not early decision, it’s an early assurance. The application opened on August 3rd and ends sept. 28th

If not accepted this year I suggest these schools next year:
U Washington
Washington State
Kaiser
California University
Tulane
Tufts
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel