MD & DO WAMC 514 3.92 cGPA and sGPA but average CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WAMC

• Chance at top tier

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No chance at top tier

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Retake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

_Darknight_

Lizzym 70-72 ORM
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys long time lurker here
From TN applying semi-broadly to DO and MD
Major: Biology dual minor
MCAT breakdown: 514 128/125/130/131
cGPA and sGPA are the same because of Bs in stats and calc (smh)
About me: Asian, Immigrant have taken ESL courses in elementary school. Dual-citizen but not american citizen (permanent resident tho). Bilingual.
ECs:
200~ hours shadowing, from cardiology, epilepsy lab at a top teaching hospital and primary care also had DO shadowing.
100~ hours non-medical volunteering done at one organization
100+ hours as CNA
Research involvement since freshman year, multiple presentations, two grants received and submitting for pub near end of the year.
also have some diverse interest ie cricket and longboarding.
Mainly worried about the 125 Cars applied to top tiers such as Emory. Not sure if im competitive with my cars. I can list out the schools im interested in if necessary. applying to two in-states and rest out of state.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools did you apply to? You are definitely competitive for both of your TN schools.
DO: PCOM in georgia, Midwestern and VCOM
MD: Emory, George W, Jefferson, Penn State, Saint Louis, Case Western, Meharry (forgot to mention), Morehouse.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should delete Meharry and Morehouse because you are not URM. You are competitive for all the DO schools. Your 2 TN state public schools, Jefferson, Penn State and Saint Louis are where your best chances are for MD. Case Western and Emory are also reasonable.

You should delete Meharry and Morehouse because you are not URM. You are competitive for all the DO schools. Your 2 TN state public schools, Jefferson, Penn State and Saint Louis are where your best chances are for MD. Case Western and Emory are also reasonable.
i only applied to meharry because of in state.. but i see your point. any other schools i should add for MD? I know George Washington is big on community service and im not really competitive for that. but my goal is to pursue medical international trips especially to my region.

Hey guys long time lurker here
From TN applying semi-broadly to DO and MD
Major: Biology dual minor
MCAT breakdown: 514 128/125/130/131
cGPA and sGPA are the same because of Bs in stats and calc (smh)
About me: Asian, Immigrant have taken ESL courses in elementary school. Dual-citizen but not american citizen (permanent resident tho). Bilingual.
ECs:
200~ hours shadowing, from cardiology, epilepsy lab at a top teaching hospital and primary care also had DO shadowing.
100~ hours non-medical volunteering done at one organization
100+ hours as CNA
Research involvement since freshman year, multiple presentations, two grants received and submitting for pub near end of the year.
also have some diverse interest ie cricket and longboarding.
Mainly worried about the 125 Cars applied to top tiers such as Emory. Not sure if im competitive with my cars. I can list out the schools im interested in if necessary. applying to two in-states and rest out of state.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated thanks for the help!
These are the schools I would consider you competitive for:

UCF
Duke
U Cincy
U VM
Pitt
Mayo
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Tufts
Georgetown
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Your state school(s).
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Reactions: 1 user
These are the schools I would consider you competitive for:

UCF
Duke
U Cincy
U VM
Pitt
Mayo
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
BU
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Tufts
Georgetown
Emory
USC/Keck
Tulane
Dartmouth
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Your state school(s).
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
even with my cars score??? only reason im not applying to a lot of these is because of my cars isnt in their 10%...however this gives me confidence that you put such awesome schools on the list. :)

even with my cars score??? only reason im not applying to a lot of these is because of my cars isnt in their 10%...however this gives me confidence that you put such awesome schools on the list. :)
Yes, even with the CARS score. It's the one subsection that cuts the most slack, and somebody has to be < 10th %ile...why not you?

You are competitive for George Washington but they receive almost 15,000 applications a year. They do interview over 1,000 though. You could add several of the schools that Goro recommended.

DO NOT GO TO TUFTs. They discriminate and mistreat and bully Asian men. Just ask any minority student esp Asian males who have gone to this school. Very bad...unless you enjoy discrimination and mistreatment.
Is that a fact? What if tufs end up being the only school that accept OP?