MD WAMC 514, cGPA 3.78, sGPA 3.6

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldkid101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have an awful lot of OOS public schools on your list. Have you researched how they feel about OOS students? While you have wonderful ECs your GPAS are average. How did you build this list of schools? Unless I’m missing them, you haven’t included all of the MN schools and they are your best bet. IL has outrageous OOS tuition. I don’t think your stats put you near some of the schools you have on your list. But if you want to try, no harm in applying. I think you need more private schools that don’t care where you live. Why Rosy Franklin and U of I and not Rush or Loyola. You have Creighton and maybe Georgetown so why not SLU and Loyola. You have lots of time to get your list together. So Good Luck.

Reactions: 1 user
  1. Michigan State
  2. Wright State Boonshoft
  3. Wayne State
  4. University of Toledo
  5. Oakland Univ Beaumont
  6. Creighton
  7. University of IN
  8. Medical College WI
  9. Hackensack at Seton Hall University
  10. Nova Southeastern
  11. Wake Forest
  12. Vermont
  13. FL Atlantic Univ
  14. University of IL Carle COM - strong ties
  15. EVMS
  16. Univ of Central FL COM**
  17. VA Tech
  18. Netter/Quinnipiac
  19. Univ of IL COM Chicago- strong ties
  20. Univ of Miami
  21. Univ of Maryland
  22. SLU
  23. Emory
  24. Virginia Commonwealth
  25. UMN
  26. Iowa
  27. University of WI
  28. Einstein
  29. Rochester
  30. Univ of Cincinnati
  31. Univ of Pittsburgh
  32. Hofstra
  33. Western MI School of Medicine
  34. UVA
  35. University of Michigan
  36. Ohio State
  37. University of South FL COM**
  38. UCSF** really not sure about OOS for this one but love the school/mission
  39. Duke
  40. Cornell
  41. Mt Sinai
  42. Northwestern
  43. U Chicago
  44. Vanderbilt
  45. Case
  46. Mayo
  47. NYU
Here is a more realistic list. NYU, for one, doesn't need the donation.

Mt Sinai
Mayo (maybe)
Case (maybe)
U VM
U IA
U Toledo
USF Morsani
OH State
UCF
U Cincy
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
BU
Duke
Pitt
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
U MN

Members don't see this ad :)
You have an awful lot of OOS public schools on your list. Have you researched how they feel about OOS students? While you have wonderful ECs your GPAS are average. How did you build this list of schools? Unless I’m missing them, you haven’t included all of the MN schools and they are your best bet. IL has outrageous OOS tuition. I don’t think your stats put you near some of the schools you have on your list. But if you want to try, no harm in applying. I think you need more private schools that don’t care where you live. Why Rosy Franklin and U of I and not Rush or Loyola. You have Creighton and maybe Georgetown so why not SLU and Loyola. You have lots of time to get your list together. So Good Luck.
Thanks for the feedback @candbgirl! I had added the public schools based on the percent of the class that was OOS (from AAMC data and looking at MSAR). I'll definitely take a look at them again. I'm definitely open to Rush (was hesitant to add due to the service requirement but I think I've met it?) and Loyola. SLU is already on my list. Minnesota only has 2 med schools (UMN and Mayo) unless you count Duluth as a separate school (same app) but I won't be applying there as I am not interested in rural medicine or living further north than I already am :cold:.

Here is a more realistic list. NYU, for one, doesn't need the donation.

Mt Sinai
Mayo (maybe)
Case (maybe)
U VM
U IA
U Toledo
USF Morsani
OH State
UCF
U Cincy
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
BU
Duke
Pitt
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
U MN
@Goro Thanks for the school list! Appreciate you taking a look at it. I'll take these into consideration. Was already avoiding Uniformed Services University/Hebert due to the military commitment.