WAMC: 516 new MCAT /26 and 25 old MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope_2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Overall nice app. How did you improve your CARS so drastically? You went from two 37-50th percentile VR scores to a 95th percentile CARS on the new MCAT. That is pretty impressive.

Where all are you a reapplicant at?
What are you using as your MCAT score when making this list because you shouldnt be using 516/35 as your score with your previous history.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where all are you a reapplicant at?
What are you using as your MCAT score when making this list because you shouldnt be using 516/35 as your score with your previous history.
UA Phoenix
UA Tucson
Creighton
St Louis School of Medicine

UA Phoenix
UA Tucson
Creighton
St Louis School of Medicine

Your list looks reasonable. SLU averages multiple MCAT scores from what I've heard though. Same with Loyola. And this is hardly an exhaustive list.
That said as a reapplicant from an unfavorable state I would probably go through MSAR and add a few more OOS friendly schools with an MCAT median around roughly 32 that get <11k apps(ie W Michigan, VCU etc)

Reactions: 1 user
Any other suggestions? I am still looking for some feedback..

That's just a donation to UCSF. Probably so at most of your your reaches, but with UCSF being the type of school they are and in California I just don't see it as a likely interview spot. They'll get plenty of 3.9/35's with no iffy mcat history. But if it's a dream school of yours specifically, might as well give it a shot.

That's just a donation to UCSF. Probably so at most of your your reaches, but with UCSF being the type of school they are and in California I just don't see it as a likely interview spot. They'll get plenty of 3.9/35's with no iffy mcat history. But if it's a dream school of yours specifically, might as well give it a shot.

I agree.. but it's like playing the Powerball, must buy one to have a chance.
With my "iffy" mcat history, what about other schools on my list?

I apologize if that offended you, I didn't mean any disrespect. Only meant that they get people with great stats on their first try. Your list schools look fine to me, but I'm no expert. The reach schools are reach schools. I only applied to half of them so I'm not overly familiar, but it seems like I've read that Duke likes reinvention. I've seen them get credit for liking people that have an upward trend in GPA. Duke was one I didn't apply to. I would leave Mayo on there, because they are not the type of place that would rule you out for your tests.

Maybe some other posters will know schools that are known to really value a strong GPA. Because that you definitely have, and depending on how they interpret multiple tries on the MCAT you could be a very strong applicant at those places.

Reactions: 1 user
@mw18 I didn't take any offense at all, trust me :) And thank you so much for your feedback!